XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Cruise Control?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 05:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cruise Control?

Hello everyone, great site by the way

Got a quick question, ... I have an XJR 1999 model and it doesn't have cruise control, yet when I removed the gear stick surround plate it had another electronic switch tapped up and tucked away inside, .... Does this mean I just need the switch and I do have it after all? ... Was just wondering if someone had fitted another center plate and tapped it up themselves, or are they all like this?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Old 11-29-2011, 05:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,360 Likes on 1,070 Posts

Hi Dave and welcome, are you here because the UK forum's up the duff!? (this is the better Jag forum by the way...)

To answer your question, you've got to confirm if the system is installed on your car before plugging in the switch.
To do that's easy, on a 99' car there should be a couple of oblong cylinders in the front left hand area behind the headlamp, also a couple of vac lines and fittings under the brake servo cover. If not, you'll need to fit the system before you have cruise. The question to ask yourself is 'will I need/use it'.....EuroJag should be able to supply it.
Hope that helps

Old 11-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sean B
Hi Dave and welcome, are you here because the UK forum's up the duff!? (this is the better Jag forum by the way...)

To answer your question, you've got to confirm if the system is installed on your car before plugging in the switch.
To do that's easy, on a 99' car there should be a couple of oblong cylinders in the front left hand area behind the headlamp, also a couple of vac lines and fittings under the brake servo cover. If not, you'll need to fit the system before you have cruise. The question to ask yourself is 'will I need/use it'.....EuroJag should be able to supply it.
Hope that helps
Sean, .... I signed up here a few days ago and whenever I had to do some reading about stuff, this site seemed to have a lot more answers, eg, fuel pump issues etc ;-) .... UK site was down for a few days but that has nothing to do with me being here as well, ... It's always nice to get answers from either clubs. All you tech guys are great!!

Will have a closer look under the bonnet to your answer, so thanks for that