XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

door card lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017 | 08:39 AM
|
Default door card lights

Hi, just noticed the other day that the little red lights at the bottom corner of my front doors on my '98 VDP (on the inside of the door, bottom corner of the door card) don't light up when the doors are open but the same light on the two rear doors do light up when they're open. is that by design or do I have two burnt out bulbs in the front doors. just want to check before I start replacing two bulbs, taking door cards off etc. or whatever else is required.

not a huge concern but I like everything on my cars to work. not always able to achieve that mind you...

Old 07-10-2017 | 07:48 PM
Veteran Member

They come on for guidance on each door, I believe your service manual details the replacement. But its real easy, they clip on.

Old 07-10-2017 | 07:57 PM
Veteran Member

If the car detects that your front doors are unlocked (dash days door open if car is on, interior lights come on, etc) it's probably just burned out bulbs. The covers unclip in a certain way, I think there's a cutout for a flat screwdriver to pry on somewhere.

Old 07-10-2017 | 09:53 PM
Veteran Member

Those bulbs I changed for LED's, the ones who have a double direction.

Part of them shine around, illuminating the red, the other part beams to the floor (through the white part of the lens), giving a bit better ground lighting while opening the door (sample below).