XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Door-Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Door-Speakers

I have an Alpine-stereo-system in my 2000 Daimler Super V8. Booster and tweeters work fine on both radio and telephone, but the door speakers dont. Had one of the speaker out for a test, no malfunction. Where is the problem hiding, would be grateful for any hints.
Thanks, Gerhard

Old 03-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Default Same problem

Bergkatze,

I have the same problem, opened your thread hoping for ideas but saw that no one answered so I figured I'd reply to at least bump it.

I did find some threads that pointed to the solder joints on the speaker terminals, but I pulled one of my speakers today and don't have that problem, it works. So I'm thinking the next step is to check the amplifier.

2000 XJR here, any ideas anyone?

Old 03-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is it all 4 door speakers or just front or rear? One thing you can do is pull the speaker out and using a new speaker cable test it right from the amp. Just shave a little of the jacket off the amp wires and tap into that. If it still does not work your amp might be dead. If it does work you have a wiring problem.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:23 AM

It's all 4 speakers. I tested the one I pulled out and it's in fact dead. I wouldn't have believed it, nothing looks wrong with it. I'll pull the others and probably find them dead too, but I'll check for signal at the connectors in the doors just to be sure.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:16 AM

I replaced all 4 original-speakers in the end with Pioneer 300/40 watt 3-way speakers. Now everthing is working fine, even though I am not quite happy with the (bass)sound of the new Pioneers.
Bergkatze