XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

DSC not Available message is on

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 05:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy DSC not Available message is on

Hi everybody,

i have read a lot about this message but all what i have read was about having the DSC not available and the abs light is on.

in my XJ6m,2006. 77,000 km, I am only having the DSC message with the sliding car icon only. No abs light is on.

yesterday i managed to remove the rear speed sensors, cleaned then and placed them back but that would not resolve the problem. i couldn't locate the front one.

i have sent the car to Jaguar dealer but he suggest to change the ABS modulator which is extremely expensive.

i will appreciate in assistance in resolving this issue. any help please!!

Old 04-13-2014, 05:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 254 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Raaouf
Hi everybody,

i have read a lot about this message but all what i have read was about having the DSC not available and the abs light is on.

in my XJ6m,2006. 77,000 km, I am only having the DSC message with the sliding car icon only. No abs light is on.

yesterday i managed to remove the rear speed sensors, cleaned then and placed them back but that would not resolve the problem. i couldn't locate the front one.

i have sent the car to Jaguar dealer but he suggest to change the ABS modulator which is extremely expensive.

i will appreciate in assistance in resolving this issue. any help please!!
First thing to do is get any codes read.
You have cleaned the rear sensors...now you will need to clean the front sensors which are on the hubs behind the disc brake.
It's rare on these to have the ABS unit replaced....I think they are leading you up the garden path ;o)
What condition is your battery?
Posts and connections clean and good?

Old 04-13-2014, 08:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xjay8
First thing to do is get any codes read.
You have cleaned the rear sensors...now you will need to clean the front sensors which are on the hubs behind the disc brake.
It's rare on these to have the ABS unit replaced....I think they are leading you up the garden path ;o)
What condition is your battery?
Posts and connections clean and good?
Horrible news.
First of all, thank you for your quick reply.

I just came back from the Jaguar agency, and i get to know that the previous owner has changed the ABS module with an older used module that does not support the DSC function, and That is exactly why I am having the (DSC not available) message with no ABS light on.

The problem now is that i cant find the original ABS module number so i can search for a similar one. the number i got from the agency is ((JAC2C 35613)) which is dealer part number not part number which ends with AD or AB or AC.

please need help.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 254 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Raaouf
Horrible news.
First of all, thank you for your quick reply.

I just came back from the Jaguar agency, and i get to know that the previous owner has changed the ABS module with an older used module that does not support the DSC function, and That is exactly why I am having the (DSC not available) message with no ABS light on.

The problem now is that i cant find the original ABS module number so i can search for a similar one. the number i got from the agency is ((JAC2C 35613)) which is dealer part number not part number which ends with AD or AB or AC.

please need help.
Oh Dear....there are some dodgy sods about ;o]
The correct type should be found at a number of dismantlers or e-bay.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,621 Likes on 874 Posts

Raaouf
You should be posting your issues about your 2006 XJ6 in the (X350 & 358) section of the forum.

Look at this other thread on your issue and how they resolved it:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...solved-115629/

Jim Lombardi