XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Front and rear defrost fuse location '98 VDP

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 01:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Front and rear defrost fuse location '98 VDP

Can someone please point out where fuses are for front and rear defrost on my VDP. I don't think either of them are working. Can't tell if they're damaged or not so maybe it's the fuse. Lights on the buttons in the cabin do light up when pressed however, would that mean fuse's are good?

Thanks and happy new year!

Old 01-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,319 Likes on 1,004 Posts

The front defrost is controlled by the AACCM module. Does the rest of the climate control functions operate normally?
The rear window defrost is powered by fuse 17 in the trunk/boot fuse box. Also, there is a relay in the same fuse box for the rear window. Viewed from the back of the vehicle the relays look like an inverted T the relay in the center closest to the trunk/boot latch is thee heated window relay.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by avern1
The front defrost is controlled by the AACCM module. Does the rest of the climate control functions operate normally?
The rear window defrost is powered by fuse 17 in the trunk/boot fuse box. Also, there is a relay in the same fuse box for the rear window. Viewed from the back of the vehicle the relays look like an inverted T the relay in the center closest to the trunk/boot latch is thee heated window relay.

Yes climate control is working fine. If I put the heat towards the driver and just click on front defrost it won't clear frost. It'll only clear frost if I direct the heat blowing from the fan to the windscreen.

What's the difference between a fuse and a relay?

Old 01-08-2017, 03:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,319 Likes on 1,004 Posts

When you push the large defrost button does the fan go to hi and the air come out thru the dash vents?
The relays are the square looking boxes on the fuse box.