XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Fuel pressure regulator

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pressure regulator

Hi everyone - I am a the owner of a 2002 XJ Sport (115K on the clock). Also I am a former forum member who has been absent since before COVID hit. Now that I have retired I am turning my attention to my 2002 XJ Sport which has been my daily driver until a month ago when the fuel feed pipe broke, stranding me in the middle of a busy road. Waited 3 hours for the tow truck to show but finally got it towed to the dealer - mistake number 1. As most of you probably know the fuel feed/return pipes are no longer in production so the dealer was not helpful but jury-rigged a fix to get me home but the car went into restricted performance immediately and just manged to get her home. Anyway I never had really thought about the issue of the "aging beloved vehicle" before now and realize that any number of things could go wrong in the next few years. I have talked to some restoration shops and I think I have found one who is willing to do the work but it will be a month or so before they can actually get me into the shop. Ultimately my goal is to do a complete mechanical restoration to get the car back to near new performance (don't say it - yes, I have more money than time) but job one is to get the fuel feed and return lines fabricated and the vehicle running. The shop owner said it shouldn't be a problem to get the line fabricated at it is a standard 5/16" steel fuel pipe. My question to the forum relates to the fuel pressure regulator. For many years I have used the SNG Barratt catalogue (see attached) to determine part numbers and provide a template for needed repairs. SNG Barratt shows two fuel pressure regulators for the X308:
1. NCA3007CA which runs between the vacuum hose (AJ83877) and the fuel return hose (NNC6054EA).
2.Additionally it shows a fuel injection pressure regulator on the fuel rail JLM21358. Just want to make sure that both these are required (1 of each).
Any tips welcome. Cheers.
Steve

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SNG Barratt Catalog.pdf (8.23 MB, 16 views)