XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Got pulled over today, but not for speeding.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Got pulled over today, but not for speeding.

Today on my way to work, going with the flow of traffic around 65 70 MPH. NJ State Trooper coming up in the right lane and goes past me, then slows down to the rear of my car, put on his light and gets behind me.

WTF, I pull over getting out my paperwork, rolled down the window as the office approached.

Dialog:

Me: Good morning Officer,
Officer: Umm, Sir you have tail hanging out your tailpipe.
Me: Stop playing,
Officer: No, Sir, not playing, come see.

I get out the car and follow the Officer to the rear of my car.

Officer: See
Me: WTF

We look at each.

Officer: Well have a great day.

Officer drives off.

I'm just standing there, looking at this tail hanging from my tailpipe. No blood, I been driving for almost a hour and nothing no blood or anything.

So, I build up my nerves and find a plactic bag, wrapping it around the tailpipe and began tugging. That feeling of I am about to vomit was coming on, expecting a head, guts, expecting the worst. So, I keep pulling and pulling and pulling, its getting longer and longer. WTH is this, I pulled about a good 10 feet of this stuff from my exhaust, until it stopped. I gave it a good tug and it popped off.

Then while pulling I realized it not a animal, its the fiberglass from the muffler.

Ohhhhh, thats why the car felt sluggish this morning, the passenger side exhaust was clogged, Once I got back on the road, it was running as it should.

But that was a scarey moment, I thought something crawled in my tailpipe and died.

SGB

Last edited by sbreeden; 06-21-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's seriously funny.

And to think all I got from the state trooper this week WAS a speeding ticket.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 474 Likes on 355 Posts

LOL That's so funny!

Last year I had an incident where a Dog ran out in front of my Bus and I couldn't avoid it and it went under. The owner took it away and it was all a crazy panic and such. But a week later the bus went in for inspection, and I was walking away from the fitter's garage, and the four of them all came running out, clearly disturbed by something. When I went back to look, some of the dog was still attached to the chassis! Nasty!

At least the officer didn't ticket you for having a defective vehicle!

Old 06-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Thats seriously funny stuff after a few feet Id be like what the hell has a tail this long and would keep pulling thinking I found the missing link. Wow thts just crazy what kind of mufflers you got lol

Old 06-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by XJR-0220
Thats seriously funny stuff after a few feet Id be like what the hell has a tail this long and would keep pulling thinking I found the missing link. Wow thts just crazy what kind of mufflers you got lol
The mufflers are stock, well it was. It now have a deep bass tone, that I am liking. It is all so more responsive, maybe it was clogged.

Hopefully it came from the mid muffler, because it is rattling, which I am deleting in next week with a x-pipe.