XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Hi All. Knew forum member

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014 | 07:08 AM
|
Default Hi All. Knew forum member

Hello to everyone in the forum. I'm knew here and I have come from the 1950's to more recant times. Well, What I really Mean is. For the past 7 years my daily ride was an 1950's rover p4. Together we have travelled the length and breath of Britain's roads and never once did she let me down. however just recently I have come to own a 98 xjr.

In 7 year period I became familiar with the p4's quirks and such things. But on the xjr I know little. I have read they have plastic timing chain tensioners that can break and sometimes noisy fuel pumps that can let you down amongst a multitude of other sins that can spring out to surprise you.

Do members ever meet? 100,000 miles and already my xjr is making sounds it should not. the timing chain sounds ok. no ticking sound on cold start up but for sure the fuel pump sounds far too loud. I'm concerned it may give out on me and leave me stranded. I really could do with someone who knows about xjr's just to meet with me and give me there opinion about my xjr. I would like to have her issues fixed but would like an opinion on her health issues before I take her to the car doctor. lol

Thanks for replies in advance.

Old 08-09-2014 | 07:31 AM
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum Yappa. I'm not quite close enough to meet with you , but you should be able to assistance closer to home soon.

When you have time, please visit the new member area and introduce yourself:

New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Old 08-09-2014 | 08:18 AM
|

Its just that when I buy an older used car I like to have a good understanding on that particular models quirks. Strong and weak points. I like to iron out all of bugs until I know its right.