XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

I love this car

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing that great video.

Old 03-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I got my Jag because a guy wanted to part it out. I asked him why he wanted to, and it and he didn't have a valid reason. I offered him $1500 and he accepted! I'm in the process of doing the timing system on it, and the transmission was kinda weird on the drive home from a farm town... So I might be doing that too. Even though the paint is terrible on it, it still looks good. They inherited a few Jags from a family member. The Jags looked so out of place in that farm town lol. The PO took amazingly good care of the car. So the engine and interior were in great shape. The poor thing just sat out for the last couple years and never got washed. Can't wait to get it painted, I love the Jag blue!

Old 03-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, reading your stories about your Jaguars is too good. I knoew there was more to this story than blown fuses, drooping headlines, bad timing chain tensioners, etc..... BTW, I look back too, and it took one of your posts to realize I even do it but I do. Funny. I adjusted mt throttle cable the other day and it didn't make any noticable difference but just taking it out to test my work was fun enough. I did a donut in a parking lot and was laughing the whole time. It's just different for some reason. I could do a hundred donuts in my GTO but this car just makes me smile bigger lol. Thanks guys.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 269 Likes on 145 Posts

First of all, I want to say thank you to SuperDuty65 for starting this great post. I don't think I've enjoyed reading any posts more!

I love my 02 XJR. I've had it a year now and every time I get in it, I instantly feel happy. It feels so special to own and drive this amazing car. Not only is it beautiful from every angle inside and out, it is the perfect blend of luxury car and sports car I can imagine. No other car compares, new or old, in my opinion. This car is super luxurious, comfortable and FAST.

I too look back every time I park it. Sometimes I feel a little silly looking over my shoulder as I'm walking away but I just can't stop! People must wonder why I have a smile on my face and am looking back at my car. I even do it when it's parked in my garage!

I've loved Jags ever since my parents had a 77 XJ12L. Then the Series III came out and OMG was that car gorgeous. But the best Jag saloon ever made was the X308. Just wow!

Old 11-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Received 122 Likes on 89 Posts

Great thread! As most of folks here I love my car.
Even though I've spent some time fixing things, it worth the enjoyment of having it. Lot's of character... I can "sail" it, or I can "snowboard" it :-)

Few days ago I passed a mother with two young kids in the parking lot and she said with excitement "oooouuu, Jaguar!" - it made my day!

And as a bonus, after replacing heating pads in my seat this week - my airbag light turned off - what a joy it is to have dashboard with no warnings and warm butt!

p.s.
I am fully aware that after mentioning on this forum that airbag light is finally off - it will come right back :-)

Last edited by NJ2003XJ8; 11-14-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,352 Likes on 927 Posts

Very happy to see this post.

Have been away for a while, and got pretty annoyed by seeing all posts on the same problems over and over again when I started to read this forum again.

I am extremely happy with my VDP, it will be a keeper, for all positive reasons mentioned in this thread.
Especially appreciate the interior every time I enter.
The combination of wood, leather, and the smell does it all for me.

E.