XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

interesting questions !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010 | 02:00 PM
|
Default interesting questions !!!!

i have a few questions

key-fob re-programmed to car , but car just gives a beep when i press ANY button , also when i lock car manually .
just searched and fouind out the ignition should have a gate ... mine doesnt so thats the 1st port of call tommorrow .
anything else i should look at ??

i noticed i get a warning if i have the trunk or a door open , but not the bonnet . this lead me to investigate and i noticed there isnt a light in there ... is this normal or is it hidden somewhere ?? (if there is one it isnt working)

i also noticed the ground strap to the bonnet/hood is broken . is it urgent that i fix it ?? i dont see what problems it could cause .

twice this week it has let me down .. 1st time it cranked instantly when the jumper-leads where connected . today i just left it at work and will fix it tommorrow .
everything works , just nothing but the ussual "click" when i go to crank .
will clean all battery connections etc. tommorrow .
annoying as the temps have been below zero and the car has been faultless , as soon as the ice thawed the battery started playing-up !!

Old 01-15-2010 | 05:43 PM

I also had failure of the locking system with just beeps instead - put the key in the ignition and wiggled it around as I removed it - seemed to do the trick.

Old 01-16-2010 | 04:01 PM
|

Originally Posted by ian c
key-fob re-programmed to car , but car just gives a beep when i press ANY button , also when i lock car manually .
just searched and fouind out the ignition should have a gate ... mine doesnt so thats the 1st port of call tommorrow .
anything else i should look at ??
as per instructions on this site ..
a quick squirt of wd40 type oil in the lock , and a few quick wiggles of the key made the gate pop
FIXED !!!

i noticed i get a warning if i have the trunk or a door open , but not the bonnet . this lead me to investigate and i noticed there isnt a light in there ... is this normal or is it hidden somewhere ?? (if there is one it isnt working)
couldnt be bothered to look into this , as i was too happy to have a working alarm fob

i also noticed the ground strap to the bonnet/hood is broken . is it urgent that i fix it ?? i dont see what problems it could cause .
will put this right next week .

i

twice this week it has let me down .. 1st time it cranked instantly when the jumper-leads where connected . today i just left it at work and will fix it tommorrow .
everything works , just nothing but the ussual "click" when i go to crank .
will clean all battery connections etc. tommorrow .
annoying as the temps have been below zero and the car has been faultless , as soon as the ice thawed the battery started playing-up !!
in the end i just called the AA !!
battery ok (apart from being flat)
charging system ok .
guess i flattened it again
1st time it happened i put it down to me , second time had me worried .

Old 01-18-2010 | 05:20 PM
Veteran Member

I too don't get a warning for the bonnet being open. I also don't beleive there is a light in the bay to light up the enigine, which I think is unusual for a Jaguar. I don't get a warning for low washer fluid either which I suspect is a loose cable at the washer bottle. Hope all goes well with your battery issue. S.

Old 01-18-2010 | 10:56 PM
Veteran member

click no crank could be starter... easy to diagnose though