XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Jaguar or Fisker?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013 | 05:26 PM
|
Default Jaguar or Fisker?

driving down the road today, i noticed the most INTERESTING car i think i'd ever seen: a fisker.

it was really pretty....cool lines, great features..the car was really beautiful.
is this was JAGUAR was back in the day? ....and by that i mean, before the new "lets be like everyone else in our body style" sort of way.

i see the new jags and i SWEAR im looking at a mazda, or a honda, or a new toyota....but the older jags had a sort of sex appeal to them....sleek lines, smooth corners, round edges..you know?

is fisker "cutting into the market share" ....and why? is it just a fad that will go away over time, or is it a legitimate contender with our beloved jaguar?

would you consider buying a fisker?
the new XJ's and fiskers are about the same price range--maybe the fisker is a bit more, but some cars pushing upwards of a 100,000.00. i've known some jaguar XJ's to push that much as well.

doing some research, the fisker is appealing.

your thoughts?

Old 08-20-2013 | 09:18 PM
Veteran Member

The Fisker is a beautiful machine that certainly turns heads, but at $112K+ you could have a whole fleet of really cool cars, and a bag of chips...

Old 08-20-2013 | 11:25 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by WaterDragon
The Fisker is a beautiful machine that certainly turns heads, but at $112K+ you could have a whole fleet of really cool cars, and a bag of chips...
Just been on their web site and although yes, it's quite a stunning car, I consider it to be a pastiche of design concepts all at once and not quite knowing exactly what it is.
There is Audi, Maserati, Alfa Romeo and other all thrown together without
being a totally intergrated design.
I like the rear 3/4 view but the front end has lost the plot ;o)

Old 08-20-2013 | 11:35 PM

.....and Fiskar as a company is basically out of business, and unless it has already happened, on the verge of bankruptcy. Oh, and let us not forget the spontaneous combustion problem that has plagued some of their cars. Unfortunately, once again, the US taxpayer has been left holding the bag to the tune of $171 Million thanks to our "green" President and the Department of Energy. I am sure that Fiskar's legacy will be somewhat like that of the DeLorean....someday they may be worth some money.

The following users liked this post:
Mr. Feathers (08-21-2013)
Old 08-21-2013 | 01:59 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by smtguy
.....and Fiskar as a company is basically out of business, and unless it has already happened, on the verge of bankruptcy. Oh, and let us not forget the spontaneous combustion problem that has plagued some of their cars. Unfortunately, once again, the US taxpayer has been left holding the bag to the tune of $171 Million thanks to our "green" President and the Department of Energy. I am sure that Fiskar's legacy will be somewhat like that of the DeLorean....someday they may be worth some money.
Smtguy...any idea how many were built?

Old 08-21-2013 | 09:39 AM

Around 2500 Fiskar Karmas were built during 2011-2012. Of that about 320 were damaged during hurricane Sandy. Most likely that was the last nail in the coffin.

Old 08-21-2013 | 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by smtguy
Unfortunately, once again, the US taxpayer has been left holding the bag to the tune of $171 Million thanks to our "green" President and the Department of Energy.
Don't get me started on that "CLOWN". OOops... I think I'm going to be investigated for that comment... Sorry NSA, I know you are listening, didn't mean it. Oh wait, yes I did...

The following users liked this post:
Mr. Feathers (08-21-2013)
Old 08-21-2013 | 11:48 AM

I would never buy a Fisker. Besides the fact that the company is now defunct... I couldn't drive a vehicle funded by El Presidente's less than ethical sodomy of the American taxpayer. I think Fisker's slogan was, "Let them eat cake!"

Old 08-21-2013 | 05:50 PM
|

Originally Posted by Mr. Feathers
I would never buy a Fisker. Besides the fact that the company is now defunct... I couldn't drive a vehicle funded by El Presidente's less than ethical sodomy of the American taxpayer. I think Fisker's slogan was, "Let them eat cake!"
TRUE!! since FORD never took gov't money, i feel better about owning a jaguar they USED to own

didnt know a lot about fisker. but in utah, there is only ONE dealer in the entire state, and no one really knows about them.

jaguar has a NAME and a HISTORY

Old 08-21-2013 | 06:32 PM

Yes, it does say something to have some lineage in a brand. While I support some who don't (Tesla, Infiniti), they definitely lack something magical without that heritage and integrity.

Fisker, even if they make a comeback somehow, will always have its "heritage" tied to a shady foundation. They took $528 million to build affordable electric cars for the masses... but once they got the cash, the "affordable" promises vanished. The cars became toys for the uber-riche, built on the backs of you and I. Then they somehow won in a lawsuit against Tesla & made Tesla pay them a million dollars.

Sorry for the rant. Can you tell I'm a touch bitter?

Old 08-21-2013 | 11:36 PM
Veteran Member

I'd rather have a Tesla Model S. It's more efficient, reliable, much more reliable, and safer (it scored above 5 stars in all NHTSA crash testings), it's faster than many of it's rivals and it is also good looking. Although I admit the Karma is an amazing looking car. I would much rather have an EV from a company that is thriving than a hybrid from a company that is about to go down.