XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Jiffy Lube OK or "No Way!" ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug
I'm not against you :-). They bollixed up your car. You have every right to be angry.

I agree that they should charge more and hire higher grade, higher paid, and better trained mechanics so as to minimize the risk of incompetent workmanship and/or obvious negligence.

There's no getting around the occasional human errors, though. Those are usually the result of working too quickly....rush rush rush. They should slow down, even though they have 15 cars waiting ...with each customer tapping their toe.

Of course, if they charged more and worked slowly, they wouldn't be "cheap and fast"....which sorta takes me back to my first posting :-).

Cheers
DD
Yes but they cracked the tranny case. This isn't oops we forgot to tighten the drain plug or to put the cap on. The messed with the wrong area completely. There is no way something like this can be justified and if someone thinks they can then I say they are worse than those who messed up the car. It was in for a simple oil and filter and they ruined the transmission. There is no excuse for this sort of thing and there is a reason why that business folded. I hope they all starve to death while suffering from severe bleeding from all orifices. I mean that.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,871 Likes on 7,150 Posts

Originally Posted by dba-one
Yes but they cracked the tranny case. This isn't oops we forgot to tighten the drain plug or to put the cap on. The messed with the wrong area completely. There is no way something like this can be justified and if someone thinks they can then I say they are worse than those who messed up the car. It was in for a simple oil and filter and they ruined the transmission. There is no excuse for this sort of thing and there is a reason why that business folded.

Not justified and no excuses being made....not by me, at least. I guess I haven't been very clear in my postings. As I said you have every reason to be angry. Who wouldn't?

The fact remains, though, that people do make mistakes and for a variety of reasons, with incompetence and rushing through a job being common reasons. Understanding how and why these things happen isn't the same as excusing them. They made a mistake and, to their discredit, apparently wouldn't step up to the plate. As a result they ended up getting sued, losing, and going out of business. Sounds to me like they've gotten what they had coming.

Some of my other postings have suggested that entrusting your car to a higher grade shop with more experienced, better trained employees might minimize the risk of such problems occuring. Let's face it, it's no secret that these quickie lubes don't have the best reputation.

I hope they all starve to death while suffering from severe bleeding from all orifices. I mean that.

You sound upset. :-)

The death penalty sounds a bit harsh for a messed up transmission but I'm just a a big ol' softie :-)

Cheers
DD