XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Madera Concepts

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016 | 10:45 PM
|
Default Madera Concepts

Some of you may know that I've been refurbishing my 98 XJR for over a year. I parked the car for the winter a few weeks ago, and decided to send all of my interior wood trim pieces to Madera Concepts in California to be refinished. All of the pieces were scratched, and several had fairly significant cracks.

I recieved the pieces back today, and am extremely pleased with the results. The pieces all look brand new! Some of you may know that the 98 XJR had very distinct and unique wood trim, so I was a little apprehensive that they could match the original color, but they nailed it. I had bought the console extension trim and rear vent trim on eBay, so they didn't match the rest of the interior pieces. Madera re-veneered the mismatched pieces, and now they match perfectly!

It was costly, but by this time tomorrow I should have it all back together, and my interior will look brand new thanks to the professional quality job they did. I couldn't be happier. It took a little over three weeks which was not bad at all. If you need a professional shop to make your wood trim look new, this is the place.

Pictures don't usually do justice, but I'll try to post a few when I'm done.

The following users liked this post:
Coventrywood (12-19-2016)
Old 12-15-2016 | 11:37 PM
Veteran Member

That's one thing I really like about my 98' XJR as well.... The wood trim color. Like all other 98 R's, not having a matching steering wheel to the accent wood trim was a bad move on Jaguars behalf. They almost got the car completely right. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Old 12-16-2016 | 02:56 PM
|
Default Pics

Here are a few pictures of the finished product. Turned out very nice. Any spots or blemishes you see are reflections, it looks great live! Some of the pictures make the finish look lighter in places than it actually is. Probably the angle I shot from....

Attached Thumbnails Madera Concepts-img_0126.jpg   Madera Concepts-img_0127.jpg   Madera Concepts-img_0132.jpg   Madera Concepts-img_0129.jpg   Madera Concepts-img_0133.jpg  

Last edited by aquifer; 12-16-2016 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-16-2016 | 08:11 PM

Madera Concepts did ALL the Jaguar warranty repairs on the veneer for YEARS so they have the process 'down-pat'.

Glad it all looked 'matched'.

bob