XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

NAV DVD

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NAV DVD

Hi …..I am new here …..not to Jaguars though ….Please help …I just bought 03 XJR …It has Nav …But someone stole the Nav DVD at the place where I went to pick it up I found DVDs on E-Bay from privet sellers they seam to be going for 75 to 100 $ for the newest release according to jaguar and the Part #….There is a couple of places (so called store fronts ) trying to sell the 99 (oldest and first ) DVD for 150 $ Jaguar told me they wanted 600+$ for a DVD…My dilemma I don’t know if the Nav unit even works …I asked the Jaguar Dealer if they would check it out before they sold me a DVD they said yes for 300$ if it works or not….and they are 320 miles away to boot …Does any one have an old or copy of old disk I could buy for a reasonable price to just see if it even works be fore I lay out the bucks for a new one or bid for one on E-bay
Thanks for any help or advice ….

Old 03-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Default RE: NAV DVD

Some one sent me a PM trying to get 130$ and 300$ deposit to barrow there disk …to make a copy …I appreciate the offer ..or any one who tries to help …This is a copy of the return PM I sent ….I am new here let me apologize if I say or do anything that is inappropriate……….

First let me say thank you for trying to help….Let me start off by saying I am not a scam artist of am trying to get something for nothing…. I work hard for what I have and owe no one nothing and in turn they owe me nothing …. Its not the 100 to 150. Dollars for a used disk or even a copy …note in may post I said I could get them off E-B for as little as low 75 to high 150 $ or there about ..I have not seen one get to 150 yet but close ,So I thinking 150, will get the bid….this is the 2003 disk according to there Part # and Jags # ..for an OEM disk …My problem is sense some one stole mine I don’t know if It the Nav system even works …who knows the person that sold and shipped me the car could have kept it to keep me for finding on first inspection that it did not work …or some one at the place where I picked it up saw a chance to make a quick buck on E-Bay……I don’t like to think of people that way or they would do some thing to deceive me but you know some... note I said some ...people in this world now days.. they are only in it for what they can beat there fellow man out of ….I just saying it is a possibility …If it works 100 $ or so is not a problem ….If it does not work , it is not worth it to me to have it repaired or replaced …I can just Google it on my laptop for Free…Well not free nothing is free anymore …..Who knows it may have all ready been up dated ? and works fine …But I can’t see paying 120 for a copy and don’t even know if it even works when I can get the OEM For a few dollars more of E-Bay ..I have watched 5 come and go in the last few weeks….Let me say with all sincerity again thank you for trying to help…
Jim A.
Am I asking to Much ??

Old 03-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess I would probably try to get a disk from E bay for as cheap as possible reguardless of the version and try it out. If it works then resell it and get an updated version the same way. If it doesn't work you can either have the nav. system fixed or again resell the disk on E Bay. I would say for between 100 and 150 it's not a million so That's what I would do. I'm sure that you would like to have tha Nav. system working.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:19 PM

Thanks to every one who E-Maild me or PM me..... I found A working Nav unit with DVD... for 100.00$ out of a 2002 XJR
Guaranteed ...it was in arepair shop and the custmer never returned

Thanks for all your help Jim A

Old 03-11-2008, 12:13 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

Glad to hear you found one, and be sure to let us know if the disc works off the bat. You may have to go thru a 'software' update before the nav system works, and remember, once it is finished...if the map or clock doesn't come up immediately, take out the key, wait at least 4-5 minutes, then turn the key again. The first time I installed mine I thought it was broken because the clock/map wouldn't display right after the software update.

Don't be a stranger now...