XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012 | 10:48 PM
|
Default Need Help!

Hello fellas......need advice on this trashcan of mine........I have a 1998 Jagar XJ8L that all of a sudden out of the blue my left rear window would go up fine one day and get stuck for a couple das then go right up again etc....

Well as I always have done I came to this forum and did a little research and one of the techs mentioned in another thread about disconnecting the battery for like 5 min and connect it back up and that would reboot the system and window should go up which is what happened........but now the rear parking break lights stay on even after I have shut down the car. They just won't go off....that was not happening before the reboot, it was just the window getting stuck.........dash also says rear bulb failure........i do not think its the security module located under fusebox because it was not happening before the reboot.......really dont know much about cars and need some feedback to correct the problem.......thanks

Old 10-28-2012 | 04:43 PM
Default Brake Switch

Could be a problem with the brake switch getting stuck. They are known for going bad. If you look under the dash it's at the top of the brake pedal arm. A Google search should give instructions for how to remove the switch and test it.

Old 10-29-2012 | 09:07 PM

It could be the SLCM failed. Remember to make a CLEAN connection when reinstalling the battery earth cable.

Touching the cable and watching it spark as you rub it around is a good way to confuse every module in the network. You need to STAB it ONCE and not let is spark a bunch of times while you try to fit it on the post.

Just because it wasn't doing it before does not mean it can't fail at a strange time.

bob gauff