XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 02:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink New Member

Just found this Forum, and as I am also a very active member of the "Crossfire Forum" AND the "Crossfire International Car Club Incorporated", thought it would also be a good idea to get involved in the "Jaguar Forums". Just had the Jag for 1 1/2 weeks, as I am originally from Britain and always wanted a Jag, decided it was time to indulge. My 1999 XJ8 Vanden Plas has only 32,300 genuine miles on it, and was owned by a little old lady, NOT from Pasadina, BUT from Nashville TN. Just tidying up a few small paint scrapes on the car today. Also needed to replace some bulbs in the 3rd Brake light. When I removed the cover, and removed the bulb holder from the car, found the bulbs has quite seriously burned in the the chrome reflectors. A couple of the bulbs had even fused themselves into the bulb holder, making them incapable of removal. Is this a common problem??? Anyone know where I can obtain a replacement, ideally a used one in half decent condition, but if I have to, best place to order a NEW One. ???? Tried E-Bay, and the only one available, is for a 1998 which I suspect is not compatable for my needs.
Also have a problem with the remote key fobs not opening all doors, will open all 3 passenger doors, but need to use the key to open drivers door.
The door lock/opening switch in the dash, will also not operate, suspect may have some connection to drivers door operation. ??? Hopefully will resolve in the next couple of weeks, but any assistance which can be given would be much appreciated. Quite a long post for the First one Eh??? Regards TerryR

Old 04-22-2012, 02:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Nice to hail another car forum members like you

This is a good post and I like detailed posts .Sorry, I can't help you out there solve your glitches .
We have friendly helpful members , I am sure they will guide you what to do