XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

No Compression? No.Problem!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017 | 07:40 AM
|
Default No Compression? No.Problem!

1999 Jaguar VDP/SC 81,655 miles
2nd owner .

I had not driven this old girl since last October and left her at my beach house in garage. Battery on tender.and covered. I know the #3 and #8 have 110-113 compression. The performance has always been good and only noticable event of a troubled motor was at idle with a lope, dirty oil and picking oil into air intake . I drive the car a thousand miles a year and this year it was zero miles.

So get in and motor just turns and turns and turns. Fuel pump works and no lights. I had always wanted to do what I was about to do anyway in that it sometimes helps the motor?

- removed plugs/packs,
- copiously sprayed WD-40 in cylinders and turned key to lubricate.
- filled all cylinders to the top with Marvel mystery oil and let soak for 48hrs
- turned key and blew out MMO
- filled all cylinders back up with MMO let soak additional 48hrs
- turned key and blew out MMO
- New Bosch iridium's
- changed oil use 20/50 conventional. 2 V8 engine restore and 2 Lucas oil quarts.
- attached 50 amp charger
- turn the key and turn the key. I could tell by the breather tube off the pass side block that it was working. Smoke was coming out .
- after about 5 minutes of turning the key it started
- after all smoke disappeared, I slowly applied about 10 ounces over 10 minutes of MMO directly into intake. Only add a few drops at time. Works wonders.

Of note the car is NOT smoking at start up NOW!. Since I've owned this car at start up it always belch wonderful blue smoke then warm up and STop. Now? Nothing.

If you have a compromises 4.0 try this even if still running?

Good luck

Rlover

PS I have a 14 second video I will upload of smoke show. Lol