XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Parrot CK3000 Blue tooth working in the JAG

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 02:33 PM
Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Parrot CK3000 Blue tooth working in the JAG

Hi
Because my car have phone system but have not the original Motorola StarTac130 phone i decide to find a way to use my existing phone system in my car.
I use Parrot because i have it I know is not the latest model but for me it is OK.

A way was to remove the old equipment under the armrest and install new system. After a lot of reading on this forum specially in the XK section i decide to install a Parrot CK 3000 Blue tooth. I use the old connector from the existing phone module so now i can retrofit any Blue tooth system.
Because the OEM microphone is not suitable for parrot, i remove it an install the parrot microphone capsule in the existing location, they are identical in size so no one can know that i have a non OEM phone.

Now when i receive a call on the display show me Phone and i can hear the sound on my speakers. The take button from the steering not working but this is not important because you can take a call by voice command.
Any one who want to have a modern phone in the Jag it is possible and easy to install using the existing head unit.

Sorry i have no photos, i done this installation in 30 minutes whit out thinking to take pictures.

The following users liked this post:
Mikejag1 (06-28-2023)
Old 05-09-2014, 05:59 PM
GGG
Received 16,862 Likes on 12,186 Posts

After having OE Jaguar StarTAC in my 2000 XJ8, I installed a Parrot CK3100 BlueTooth in my 2001 XK8. The Jaguar telephone harness is the same on XK8 and XJ8 models.

There was a change in telephone harness connector from 10-Pin to 14-Pin in 2000. The Jaguar connector pinout details may help anyone fitting an aftermarket phone:

Telephone Socket Pin Numbering.pdf

The Parrot was considerably better than the OE Jaguar Bluetooth I had in my 2005 XK8. This Bluetooth installation was the same across the Jaguar model range.

Jaguar Bluetooth has improved (slightly) with later models and my current OE installation can pair with up to 5 phones.

Graham

Old 01-29-2015, 04:50 AM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

GGG, can you also stream music from your phone through this setup?

Old 01-29-2015, 07:55 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I cheated and purchased an adapter from a company called nexxia. The parrot wires into the Nexxia kit, then you remove the armrest liner and plug it into the telephone plug and you are done for the receiver. The mic plugs into the adapter from the kit and into a plug under where the sunglasses holder sits. Took me almost no time to get everything up and running.

Slackmack (06-27-2023)
Old 01-29-2015, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Winks
I cheated and purchased an adapter from a company called nexxia. The parrot wires into the Nexxia kit, then you remove the armrest liner and plug it into the telephone plug and you are done for the receiver. The mic plugs into the adapter from the kit and into a plug under where the sunglasses holder sits. Took me almost no time to get everything up and running.
Winks, that sounds great!! Can you share a link for that adapter? And does your setup also allow you to stream music?

Old 01-29-2015, 04:58 PM

Ive tried to ask my above question a few times now in different relevant threads but no one is answering. Am I not asking it right or have I offended people somehow?

Old 01-29-2015, 05:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 542 Likes on 423 Posts

I checked on the parrot ck3100- no dice on the streaming

Bluetoothing music from iPhone 5 through CK3100 (Page 1) ? Parrot CK3100/3300/3500 ? Parrot UK Forum

You could use a different parrot version that has it available- just need to tap into the cd player (that info is readily available) The connector for the factory phone system does/did not allow for streaming FYI so you have to tap into the CD player.

Muti007 (01-29-2015)
Old 01-29-2015, 05:05 PM

Thank you dsnyder586. In another thread, I could have sworn I read where folks had used the phones connection with an old Parrot and an old Motorola and were able to do both. If I could do that and retain the changer, that would clearly be ideal. Im looking at this model which seems to do phone and music, but what I cant be sure of is if the car itself will allow it

Amazon.com : Parrot MKi9200 Advanced Color Display Bluetooth Hands-Free Music Kit : Vehicle Wireless Audio Cell Phone Car Kits : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Parrot MKi9200 Advanced Color Display Bluetooth Hands-Free Music Kit : Vehicle Wireless Audio Cell Phone Car Kits : Car Electronics

Old 01-29-2015, 05:37 PM
Veteran Member

Ok, I'll break it down.

To get phone connectivity, you just need to connect the bluetooth module wires to the correct wires on the phone connector under the center console- easy peasy.

If you want streaming, you can splice the wires coming FROM the CD player TO the head unit and put the AUDIO IN wires FROM the bluetooth module and connect them to the audio out wires that were cut but still connected to the cd player. THEN take the AUDIO OUT wires FROM the bluetooth module and connect them to the cut wires that go TO the head unit. you can cut at any point in the harness, some have done it at the head unit, some have done it at the cd changer and some have found AI cables and gone that route. I set it up on my XJR by opening the CD changer and connecting directly to the board, but it would be better to splice and utilize the bluetooth unit's ability to switch from aux (phone music) to CD rom automatically. The bluetooth module *should* prioritize bluetooth streaming (aux) over the cd rom.

Let me know if that makes sense.

The following 2 users liked this post by dsnyder586:
Muti007 (01-29-2015), Norri (01-30-2015)
Old 01-29-2015, 11:58 PM

Immensely helpful, thank you! So to get your smart phone to work with the OEM HU, you need to tap into the phone AND changer wiring. I have that right now?

Old 01-30-2015, 08:28 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The unit I ended up landing with is the Parrot MKi 9000. This unit has no screen and only a small wireless remote that I have stuck next to my gear selector. The unit has streaming and if I choose so, it will only come out of the one speaker. If I choose to do so later, I would have to tap into the cd changer in the trunk. Are you sure the CK3000 will stream music?

As for the nexxia adapter, they are no longer showing it on the website. you may have to do a little searching but you should be able to find it or an equivalent. Or do what most people here do and pin out the connector in the car and wire directly.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:38 PM
Veteran Member

YUes, you need to tap into the Cd changer to get streaming music.

Old 02-12-2016, 02:21 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Strugglng with the phone connector on my 2000 XKR

Hi

I've been looking at this thread as I want to fit a Parrot kit to my 2000 model XKR.

The pin connections in this thread, I'm not sure if they're the came as mine. I've removed the armrest and unplugged the startac cradle and left with the 10 pin connector plus a 2 pin connector.

As the colour of the wires are different I'm just wondering if this is the correct connector to use and how I can find the phone audio and mute.

This is a picture of my connector.

Kind Regards

Rocky15

Old 05-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocky15
Hi

I've been looking at this thread as I want to fit a Parrot kit to my 2000 model XKR.

The pin connections in this thread, I'm not sure if they're the came as mine. I've removed the armrest and unplugged the startac cradle and left with the 10 pin connector plus a 2 pin connector.

As the colour of the wires are different I'm just wondering if this is the correct connector to use and how I can find the phone audio and mute.

This is a picture of my connector.

Kind Regards

Rocky15
wierd connector - I have just bought a 2000 xk8 and have found the same connector - did you find a solution ? Rgds Ron.oldbarn

Old 05-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 374 Posts

The color of wires may be different, but the pinout should be the same. If you download the electrical guide for your model year car it should have the pinout/wiring colors written for that.

This may also be useful, if it wasn't already referenced in this thread https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ration-177574/

Old 06-27-2023, 12:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dsnyder586
Ok, I'll break it down.

To get phone connectivity, you just need to connect the bluetooth module wires to the correct wires on the phone connector under the center console- easy peasy.

If you want streaming, you can splice the wires coming FROM the CD player TO the head unit and put the AUDIO IN wires FROM the bluetooth module and connect them to the audio out wires that were cut but still connected to the cd player. THEN take the AUDIO OUT wires FROM the bluetooth module and connect them to the cut wires that go TO the head unit. you can cut at any point in the harness, some have done it at the head unit, some have done it at the cd changer and some have found AI cables and gone that route. I set it up on my XJR by opening the CD changer and connecting directly to the board, but it would be better to splice and utilize the bluetooth unit's ability to switch from aux (phone music) to CD rom automatically. The bluetooth module *should* prioritize bluetooth streaming (aux) over the cd rom.

Let me know if that makes sense.
PLease help! what am I suppose to buy?¿ I keep getting lost down the rabbit hole.

Jhartz (06-27-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 420 Likes on 349 Posts

I use an iClever Bluetooth FM transmitter that streams music, has hands free calling and is
extremely transparent to use. I power it from the cig. lighter in the rear of the console so it
is not even seen for the most part. It has USB outlets for charging a device, a slot for a
TF/Sd card and a volume knob. I was quite pleased with how everything worked so well
together, as an incoming or outgoing call, cuts the music stream during the call and resumes
where it was, when the call is finished. The audio quality is very good,