XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Parts, odds and ends, aftermarket, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 02:05 PM
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Parts, odds and ends, aftermarket, etc...

I am familiar with most of our forum sponsors, and I am appreciative that they are involved with this magnificent forum. But me being new to Jaguars I was wondering where most of you fellow owners get their parts from. All ranging from mechanical and electrical, to aftermarket and performance. I am sourcing some parts and in my search for example I learned that you can buy front shocks with a Bilstein part number as opposed to a jaguar part number for just a fraction of the cost; for the exact same shock.

So I ask fellow Jaguar owners. Where do you shop?

Thank you,

Old 03-30-2015, 03:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,111 Likes on 932 Posts

All over.

Ebay is a good place to start and at least a couple of our sponsors have parts listed there. For common items RockAuto has everything and multiple manufacturers but their shipping can be a little high. SGN Barrett has everything, Coventry West has great phone support if you need a question answered. Several others specializing in Jaguars.

Car-Part.com for used parts. They post your needs to hundreds of yards.

Don't forget your local Ford/Lincoln store. The Thunderbird/Lincoln LS used the same engine as the AJ27 for a number of years. Look for '02 LS stuff. Your local auto parts stores are a good source in a hurry. I have had great success in on-line ordering from Advance AP with store pick up. They currently have a 30% on-line discount using TRT30 as a coupon code.

The following users liked this post:
VR6Guru (04-01-2015)
Old 03-31-2015, 01:42 PM
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Not sure how active Craigslist is in your neck of the woods, but here in North Texas, you can find quite a bit. Last month I found a new AGD interior for my XJ8 - Both front seats without rips or burns, heck, hardly even any wear at all, (I am not exaggerating on their condition), perfect center console with perfect cup-holder, and back seats upper and lower.... also nearly perfect. The guy had bought them 10 years ago, and was going to use them for some other project that never got off the ground, so they sat in storage for 10 years. He got tired of looking at them I guess, and sold them to me at an unbelievable price.

For other assorted parts, I've used Ebay quite a bit. I've gotten pretty lucky there too. I can usually find a Ebay reseller who is local, and they typically allow local pickup, cash deal. Save $ on shipping and waiting, ya know?

And I'm not too proud to hit a few salvage yards when the mood strikes me.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:40 PM
Received 12,941 Likes on 6,466 Posts

Hi VR6Guru,

For OEM and aftermarket parts I have mostly dealt with Coventry West (Georgia) and Welsh Enterprises (Ohio). For Jaguar-only parts I usually order from jaguarmerriamparts.com in Merriam, Kansas. For salvaged parts, eBay and the classified ads at the various Jaguar forums are great sources.

For OEM and aftermarket parts, you can't go wrong with any of our forum sponsors: Coventry West, Jagbits and SNG Barratt. They all really know Jags and have great reputations among our members.

For Jaguar-only parts, you might try gaudinjaguarparts.com, the Jag dealer in Las Vegas who sells parts online at discount prices (just like Merriam Jaguar, but closer to you).

Occasionally, a Jaguar-only part will be no longer available in the U.S. and must be ordered from Jaguar Classic Parts in the U.K., the parts service of the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust. Their website is jaguarclassicparts.com and the parts diagrams alone make it one of my most frequently visited sites.

When you can identify the OEM's part number (as opposed to the Jaguar part number), a googe search will often lead you to an eBay or Amazon seller with a great price, and it's always worth checking RockAuto and Parts Geek. However, when dealing with those vendors you can't expect the same level of knowledge you will get from our forum sponsors, who specialize in Jaguars.

Typical disclaimers: I have no affiliation with any of the merchants referenced above; I'm just a satisfied customer.

Cheers,

Don

Last edited by Don B; 03-31-2015 at 11:47 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Don B:
Jhartz (04-02-2015), VR6Guru (04-01-2015)
Old 04-01-2015, 10:43 PM
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Thank you for all the responses.

I checked out Rock Auto and they seem to have very reasonable prices.

Cheers!