XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

"Passport to Service" / Maintenance schedule - '03 XJR

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default "Passport to Service" / Maintenance schedule - '03 XJR

The only document that didn't come with my '03 XJR was the "Passport to Service" / Maintenance schedule book. I did a search and found links for the newer models, but nothing for a 2003. The dealer can get me one for $50+ - Just wondering if anyone has any leads on where I might be able to get my hands on one. Thanks!

Old 07-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Maybe ebay??? If you want one just to have the original manual I think you're stuck looking for a used one or going to the dealer.

If you are looking for maintenance schedules they should be easily available; although IMO 10K miles is too to go between oil changes.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

I might have a Passport to Service as late as 2000 model year, and am not aware of any disrepancies with an '03 book. PM me if you are interested.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile 2003 XJR Passport to service

Greetings. I have a 2003 Passport to Service. It came as part of the $110.00 Literature pack I bought at the friendly Jag Dealer here. Are you looking for a copy or are you a purist and "need" to have the original?

Old 07-31-2009, 03:48 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks - a copy would have been fine, but I was able to obtain an original.

Appreciate your reply

Cheers

Old 02-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 2000 Daimler Super V8 LWB

I have a second (third, fourth, fifth?) hand Daimler with no documents. I need to buy a service manual so I can get dealers who have dealt with it previously to stamp it for me.

Jaguar.com - nothing. Called Jaguar - they send me to Jaguar Heritage. I have spoked to an odious man at there who couldn't help either although he suggested a new book which can - at least - be stamped. My local dealer can't get me one either.

If someone out there can tell me where to buy one, I'd be very, very grateful!

Old 02-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,356 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Hmm, odious man wasn't Anders? if it was you must have caught him having a bad day.

Can you find were the car was First supplied from? i.e. Henley Jaguar, Minster Jaguar, Paramount Jaguar, Harwoods Jaguar etc..... JDHT will be able to confirm this (it's on every Heritage Certificate issued for Jags/Daims) Then it's a case of contacting the suppler service dept. manager.

I had this exact issue, contacted the original dealer service dept. boss who actually remembered the car (it being a 100 ;-)) took my card details and sent a brand new one with his sig/stamps up to 30k. Then I found the original, doh.

Hang on, will this do?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAGUAR-X-type-...#ht_500wt_1156

If you have eBay, I'd contact them, but Jag's cost me £30 odd quid, with partial history......

Last edited by Sean B; 02-15-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 474 Likes on 355 Posts

I've always wondered about my Jag's history. I have all books with the car and know that it was new to the owner of a shipping company in Hull. Then after that it seems to have spent time in the Manchester area as I have found receipts from petrol stations (for strangely small amounts) and a Cash & Carry. Then after that it gets sketchy.

I bought it from a Car Dealer in Sheffield but the log book has some sort of finance company as a previous owner from November 2008-Feb 09 when I bought it. I reckon therefore that the Manchester owner may have run into some sort of difficulty and the car was repossessed?

Either way I brought the car back from the brink, because when I bought it it needed some TLC to get it to the condition it is today. Thats why I got such a good deal on it

Old 02-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Stu 1986
I've always wondered about my Jag's history. I have all books with the car and know that it was new to the owner of a shipping company in Hull. Then after that it seems to have spent time in the Manchester area as I have found receipts from petrol stations (for strangely small amounts) and a Cash & Carry. Then after that it gets sketchy.

I bought it from a Car Dealer in Sheffield but the log book has some sort of finance company as a previous owner from November 2008-Feb 09 when I bought it. I reckon therefore that the Manchester owner may have run into some sort of difficulty and the car was repossessed?

Either way I brought the car back from the brink, because when I bought it it needed some TLC to get it to the condition it is today. Thats why I got such a good deal on it
It's interesting to hear about all the various ways people are getting a good deal when buying their XJs. I bought my car 7 years ago at a BMW dealer that got bought out by a national new car dealer chain and they were dumping their 'non BMWs' from their lot. I got it right before it headed off to an auction.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't catch the chap's name, Sean; he had a pretty smart sort of an accent though - could have got a job reading the news back in the 50s!

I have found where the car was first supplied from. It was http://www.hadleygreen.co.uk/ in Barnet. I called the suppler service dept. manager (Andy Martindill - good man) and he said that although they couldn't get order me a replacement service book, if I sent him a blank one he would stamp it up.

I have seen the generic service books on ebay, Sean, but I'm not keen to use them, other than as a last resort.

If I can't get a replacment XJ8 service book, I was thinking about:

- ordering a *new* Jag book (the oldest Jaguar will supply is for 2007) , with the appropriate service intervals (10,000 miles for the X308, I think); or

- getting pdfs / scans of all the original set of docs and getting them printed up professionally.

What's the consensus? Is the second option just madness? Will it be possible to find scans / pdfs for the X308? I have found a complete set for the X300. But only the US Vehicle Care Handbook (no front cover), the US Drivers Handbook (no front cover), and the US Audio Handbook. Crucially, I don't have the "Passport to Service" or whatever it was called in the UK.

Thanks ahead of time, chaps
James

Old 02-16-2011, 09:44 AM
luc
Received 195 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by HS97JHS
I didn't catch the chap's name, Sean; he had a pretty smart sort of an accent though - could have got a job reading the news back in the 50s!

I have found where the car was first supplied from. It was http://www.hadleygreen.co.uk/ in Barnet. I called the suppler service dept. manager (Andy Martindill - good man) and he said that although they couldn't get order me a replacement service book, if I sent him a blank one he would stamp it up.

I have seen the generic service books on ebay, Sean, but I'm not keen to use them, other than as a last resort.

- ordering a *new* Jag book (the oldest Jaguar will supply is for 2007) , with the appropriate service intervals (10,000 miles for the X308, I think); or

- getting pdfs / scans of all the original set of docs and getting them printed up professionally.

What's the consensus? Is the second option just madness? Will it be possible to find scans / pdfs for the X308? I have found a complete set for the X300. But only the US Vehicle Care Handbook (no front cover), the US Drivers Handbook (no front cover), and the US Audio Handbook. Crucially, I don't have the "Passport to Service" or whatever it was called in the UK.

James
James:

You need to order from Jaguar a CD called "Jaguar XJ8 & Jaguar XJR. Supplementary Information 1998 to 2002"
The part # is JHM1190.
This CD has all models and service informations by years, including all ownwer manuals for both the USA and UK.
The Passport to service was only for the USA, for the UK it was called the "Service Record & Warranty"
This booklet is in the CD and the part # for it is:JJM 10 10 99/70
All manuals/booklets include the front and back pages
Also included in it are all electrical diagrams, mechanical, dealer fitted accesories, etc

Last edited by luc; 02-16-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,356 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Originally Posted by HS97JHS

James
James,
The first option is the way to go - a genuine Jaguar service book, although later (of which they supplied me) is as good as an original, and certainly wouldn't effect my purchase of the car with it, it would without it though!
Copies are copies, and as such can be doctored. The link to the ebay book I posted is a genuine one, the same as can be supplied by Jaguar. Buy from Jaguar, send it to Andy and the history is on it's way.
I've read on here, and spoken to someone that if you give the VIN to the service manager, he can pull up any service the car has had, in one case even replacement door clips are logged. Some people think it's OCD to recover the history of vehicles, but I've found through dealing with them it completes the picture when talking of values. Particularly rare ones like the Super V8.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alleycat, i'll take you up on the offer for a copy of the passport to service.