XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Power steering pump recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 04:00 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Power steering pump recommendation

I see there's a few reman brands out there.. Anyone have any experience with any of them?

Old 01-09-2017, 07:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,794 Likes on 1,316 Posts

Originally Posted by skinnypuppy_22
I see there's a few reman brands out there.. Anyone have any experience with any of them?
All you have to do is a search and you'll get most of your answers. For example... x308 power steering pump.... and here's what came up https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...02-xjr-151025/ ...no its not your exact year, but folks have listed sources.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:03 PM

I'm not really sure what your suggestion that I do a search... Or even your link has anything to do with my question.. Did you even read my question or just assume I'm someone that doesn't do any research on my own..I have no problem finding numerous places that offer a pump for sale my question was not on where to find a pump but rather if anyone had any experience with any of the numerous rebuilding brands..I did do a search both on here and on yahoo and in fact came across your link.. Which just talks about where to buy one. Thank you for actually reading my short post before insisting I do a search.

The following users liked this post:
Steve SOMERS (03-01-2022)
Old 01-09-2017, 03:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,794 Likes on 1,316 Posts

I did read all 17 words, its a remanned power steering pump for a car that is 15+ yrs old your asking for opinions on. In that thread Jhartz put in a good suggestion I thought, as also the possibility of going with a scrapyard. Anything you buy now, except from Jag, will be a reman, usually by Cardone, they do quite a bit of anything that can be remanned.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:50 PM

Yes I'm aware that cardone does most of the remaining I was hoping that maybe one of the other companies wasn't just relabeling but actually rebuilding them to a higher standard then cardone..I haven't had the best luck with them... At this point I'm hoping the pump is still fine I discovered someone replaced the suction hose with a generic soft hose.. I've ordered the correct hose and hopefully that'll fix that... I'll keep everyone posted

Old 01-09-2017, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,352 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by skinnypuppy_22
I'm not really sure what your suggestion that I do a search... Or even your link has anything to do with my question.. Did you even read my question or just assume I'm someone that doesn't do any research on my own..I have no problem finding numerous places that offer a pump for sale my question was not on where to find a pump but rather if anyone had any experience with any of the numerous rebuilding brands..I did do a search both on here and on yahoo and in fact came across your link.. Which just talks about where to buy one. Thank you for actually reading my short post before insisting I do a search.
We are all here to help each other, and we all do it because we like our cars, and like to help other owners who like their cars too.
No need to get crumpy, surely not towards someone like Highhorse, who effortless posts to help others, not even if it is not the answer you were expecting.
Good luck solving your steering problem, hope the new hose will solve it.