XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Replacement Battery Vent Tube for X308

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 01:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Replacement Battery Vent Tube for X308

I cleaned out the interior and trunk of the XJR this weekend. I also took the time to really clean the spare wheel. It was used before and put back dirty. Sigh. The wheel still has an OE Pirelli on it though. I won't be using it, but it was an interesting find.

While in there, I noticed some twit installed the battery hold down bracket upside down and the battery vent tube is missing. Does anyone know the part number for the battery vent tube? I cannot seem to find the part online in my searches and a search of this forum has not yielded a relevant post of someone buying one.

Also, I noticed two empty spots in the foam container under the spare. Any idea what should be in there?

Vehicle restoration: v. The absolution of sins of prior owners.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,319 Likes on 1,004 Posts

You should be able to go to any battery store or auto parts store and pick up a battery vent kit. I don't know of a separate part number as they are usually provided with the battery.

Below is a link on EBAY that you can get a look as to what is in a complete tool kit.

98-02 Jaguar XJ8 XJR Jack Spare Tire Tool Kit Assembly Lug Wrench Complete OEM | eBay

Old 05-15-2017, 02:32 PM
Received 153 Likes on 114 Posts