XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

seat help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2024 | 07:50 AM

That sounds like a really concerning issue with your front driver's seat. Since it's an intermittent problem and seems to be related to electrical issues, I'd recommend having a professional mechanic or auto electrician take a closer look.

In the meantime, to prevent any further mishaps, you might consider disconnecting the power supply to the seat until the problem is resolved. Additionally, installing a gel seat cushion could provide some temporary relief from the discomfort caused by the seat's erratic movements.

The best gel seat cushion can offer added support and comfort during drives, and it's a simple solution that you can implement right away. Hopefully, with the help of a skilled technician and some added comfort from the gel seat cushion, you'll be able to address this issue and ensure the safety of both yourself and your passengers.

Take care, and I hope you're able to get this problem sorted out soon!

Old 05-14-2024 | 07:45 AM

If only the driver's seat is doing it, looking at the wiring diagram I would point at possibly a bad ground or water ingress into the seat control module.
Might be something as simple as disconnecting the wiring plug and reconnecting to clean the connections up.

(However, if the radio comes on and starts playing Bony Moronie, sell the car as fast as you can).

Joking aside, it a bad ground to the control module making the servo position sense go weird is a good possibility. The seat is "live" all the time.

Phil

Old 05-14-2024 | 12:01 PM
Veteran Member

I would first ensure that you don't have the easy exit/entry switch set to on (switch that moves seat); then I would do a hard battery reset (pull the negative cable, touch to positive post -- drains all capacitors).

Last edited by Jhartz; 05-14-2024 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-14-2024 | 03:25 PM

I had this same issue. It was the drivers seat module. Failed completely eventually which wouldn’t allow me to recline the seat. Once I replaced the module it stopped the jerking back and forth issue.

no programming needed just match up part numbers from a good used one.

Old 05-16-2024 | 10:14 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ;4697
Hi Guys, I have a problem with front drivers seat (2001 xj8 sport), I contacted jaguar and they said they never heard of it before. When i remove key from ignition and get out of car, my seat starts to move back, forward, up, down. On its own. This also happenedwhile i was in the seat, I had a passenger in the back and the seatback continued and started to push down on their legs, luckily they were young enough to pull their body up and over the seatback. It continued until it was flat against the rear seat. This is intermitant, another problem is when i leave the car, the seat continues to move until it kills the battery.
Any help guys is appreciated. Jaguar didnt seem that bothered when i told them that it could possibly maim someone.
I would bet this shop has never heard of a lot of things before.

The following users liked this post:
neurojag (05-16-2024)