XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Silly Thought, Comments Welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 05:26 PM
Received 238 Likes on 168 Posts

My 'nose' was sharpened after dealing with the Russian & Ukrainian girl scammers & the usual hopefuls from Nigeria-I'd happily indulge them with polite conversation right up to the point where their sob story emerged, which only my immediate 'financial assistance' could solve-then I'd take my leave of them. Still, this forum was certainly entertaining in recent times

Old 01-26-2013, 08:00 AM
Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Red October
My 'nose' was sharpened after dealing with the Russian & Ukrainian girl scammers & the usual hopefuls from Nigeria-I'd happily indulge them with polite conversation right up to the point where their sob story emerged, which only my immediate 'financial assistance' could solve-then I'd take my leave of them. Still, this forum was certainly entertaining in recent times
likewise, what he said! :-)

Old 01-26-2013, 08:07 AM
Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

We have a local word "a lot of brave guys are coming when the war is over".

We must to admitt that a lot of people over here were drooling thinking about Sandy's pictures ...

I was affraid that in fact is a big belly beer drinking dude from Germany but was not sure to say that (maybe the moderator can share the location of the IP address and reason for the ban). ?

Old 01-26-2013, 08:12 AM
Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by danielsand
My "nose" was well trained by the best in that field, and it never failed me so far. Something "smelled" from the beggining, and being blunt as I am, I called it. Nobody PayPal-ed monies for the "calendar" to Nigeria, so it's all good.

"Metal Goddess" however is real, and according to my mechanic who met with her,....drop dead gorgeous!

"Sandy" was too cute and too coy to be true. Ahhh,.....I think we'll all miss "her". The forum became WAY more entertaining with "her" on board.
Well, no harm done (except to Sandy's confidence, probably), I enjoyed the ride...back to welding my sills then....ho hum.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:12 AM
Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

He/She certainly added an interesting "flavor" to the forum for a while.
What caused the ban?

Old 01-26-2013, 08:34 AM
Received 282 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by flay
We have a local word "a lot of brave guys are coming when the war is over".

We must to admitt that a lot of people over here were drooling thinking about Sandy's pictures ...

I was affraid that in fact is a big belly beer drinking dude from Germany but was not sure to say that (maybe the moderator can share the location of the IP address and reason for the ban). ?

Well,......as Red said....."drop a girl into male dominated environment, and the nature will take effect" (or something in that order). I called "bull" on "Sandy" WAY before this thread took place. I exchanged few PMs with "her", and "she" avoided to communicate in German (which I speak fluently). Her English was not good either, so that pointed me toward Eastern Europe, or Africa.

But hey,....don't be too harsh on the guys! It can happen to ANYONE that hangs on the Internet forums. Some people like to "roleplay", and "live" their fantasies out on the web. And there are MILLIONS that try to "make money" off of the web scams. And think about it,......some dishonest man/woman doesn't matter, starts to frequent, let's say....car forums! Multiple forums,...."she" is "Sandy" on this one, "Cloe" on the other one, you get the picture. Guys go after the illusion, and "order a calendar" (or whatever else is being peddled), send money, and "she" is gone.

Some people said "she" was asking 150Euro for a calendar! Get ten guys a month, and if you are in Eastern Europe, or Africa......that's a GOOD living.

My wife's friend (a lonely, recently divorced nurse) "met" a guy from CHI, who works on the oil rigs in the Indian Ocean (total bull!). Long story,.....she was GAGA over "him", even Skyped with him. The "affair" went on for over a year. In that time she sent him total of 14K US! And just recently (two weeks ago) she finally discovered that it was a scam (as I told her in the first week of this "relationship"). My wife even got mad at me at one point ("why do you have to keep raining on her parade, she is so happy"?).

Oh well,....I guess we will never know the whole story, and I don't think Mods will share any info they might have. Go to "her" .de home page, and the only thing you'll see is ;( I guess "she" is trying to tell us "sorry (not really) but I had to try". There is so many countries where people can not make decent, honest living, and have to resort to stuff like this. Sad.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:45 AM
Received 238 Likes on 168 Posts

I'll happily indulge anyone in conversation-right up the point where they suggest how my money could be useful to them-then it's 'bye bye' time

Honestly, as if I've got any spare money with a Jag & Bentley to run-it's beans on toast tonight again as I need my pennies for fuel

Old 01-26-2013, 09:02 AM

Well hey,....think about it! If someone comes up with the idea of getting some money out of the "fancy car" owners on the web, that someone would do exactly what happened here,......but,.....one needs to know the environment, one wants to "fish" in! Getting the "car enthusiasts" to dish out some money is NOT easy! Rich (and gullible) Jag/Porsche/MBZ/Bentley/RR owners ARE NOT on these forums. Only cheap ba$tard$ like us (the DIY crowd) are here! Most of us are "been there - done that" type of guys, and while we WILL take any entertainment that comes our way, we do not part with our money easy!

Much softer target would be any of the pet forums (dogs/cats/horses), where there is a lot of lonely women. Pretend to be a nice, "understanding man" (every woman's dream!), strike some "relationships", and all of a sudden your pet needs an urgent surgery! You have some money coming (the story!), and you just need to "borrow" couple grand for a week or so.......If the lonely woman "falls in love", you can milk that for a LONG time.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:26 AM
Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

Sheeeee's baaaaaack

The following users liked this post:
Ipc838 (01-26-2013)
Old 01-26-2013, 09:30 AM
Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

It's not a bad thing to let the anticipation working a little, not bad also not being 100% German speaker. It was a lot of fun in the last month here, I don't care if you are a girl or not (I remember now a scene from Rush hour 2 or 3, the Genevieve without the wig, discovered by Carter).
But the sharp noses...made me laugh a little.

Good luck with the car acquisition, let's put a poll to un-ban Sandy!

Threats over the email, is not a pleasant behavior, hey, guys...broken hearts?

Last edited by flay; 01-26-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by aks85
i know i probably broke some rule by registering again, but i got banned without warning or chance to defend my self and i would like to ask you to stop threating me over email and leave me alone.
i am who i am, i didnt scammed anybody, i didnt hurt anybody, i do have a jag, i had serious questions and i got carried away by attention i got here. That is all the mistake i did.
On other forums i usually register under males name and stay put, but i was very passionate about my car, and all the feelings i shared here, i wont do this ever againi promise. i know it. Internet is very evil place, i am hurt and scared.

my personality is complicated and i admit that i am not 100% native german though i was born here and most of my life lived here and one my parent is german.
if it takes bikininy photo with newspaper i would even do it, just leave me alone please.

now ban me again (i wont come back or even read answers to this) anyway just leave me alone. I would like to ask admins to delete my topics and not to contact me.
I am not worth of your hatred and i am not a bad person
Aleksandra
This might be true, and it might not! The point is,.....why "registering on other forums under male names"? Why trying to "sell us" a story on this forum? Why pretending to be someone else? "Complicated personality"? Well, ......maybe that's what I sensed. I was married to a REAL German girl with "complicated personality" for ten years,....or "translated", diagnosed by the finest AZ has to offer, as the "Bipolar One".

Just for the record,....I haven't sent any hatefull (or otherwise) emails to "Alexandra".

And a piece of advice from a "SoCal Wiseguy" (as you called me).....be honest with the world, and yourself, and people will treat you the same. Any lies, no matter how small, will show through sooner or later.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by flay

let's put a poll to un-ban Sandy!

There is a lot more to this story than meets the eye. Don't be a $ucker.

The following users liked this post:
flay (01-26-2013)
Old 01-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 410 Likes on 305 Posts

Seems there's been a lot of this in the news lately. "Catfishing".