XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

sing the TCM inputs??

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 09:25 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default sing the TCM inputs??

Hi All
I am still looking for input into my P0730 limp mode.
My next thing to try would be to test the inputs into the TCM.
Does anyone know where to find the schematics and how to work through the test logically?
Or any one can chime in with a possible cause of my Limp home mode...
Cheers
Rick M.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 374 Posts

JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource

Top links are the electrical diagrams, further down are the OBD codes lists. Fun part is the ZF TCM code lists don't include the p0730 code listed. The XJR transmission codes list has it as the incorrect gear ratio. It should be the same for the ZF since it's a generic code and not the jag-specific P1*** codes. A recurring theme I'm seeing on google searches for P0730 and the XJR transmission table for P0730 is low fluid listed as a common cause, or a mechanical failure in the transmission. If the CAN network is compromised somehow there should be more codes related to communications faults.

EDIT: posting multiple threads for the same fault just leads to confusion on everyone's part. In the other thread you posted you mention that you had the Transgo valve kit installed.. If the fault was happening before it could be something else, if it happened after the valve kit then it sounds like installer error or something broke on install.

Last edited by nilanium; 05-29-2017 at 10:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Kejar7 (05-31-2017)