XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Thanks for help on Transgo, speedometer, HVAC, Etc..

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2021 | 07:20 PM
|
Default Thanks for help on Transgo, speedometer, HVAC, Etc..

I would like to express my appreciation for all that have helped me in the past years. I have learned and enjoyed the process of learning about the two Jaguars that I have owned. I was retired when I got the first one, 1995 XJ6 Vanden Plas. I was helped with that one and became a Jaguar fan. The one I have now which I plan to keep is a 2002 XJ8. I don’t move very fast any more. I take my time working and saving for whatever parts I need. The first one to help me was dsnyder 586 with the 1995 Vanden Plas. I owe him for making me interested and starting my feeling of challenge. Because of him I took out the dash and all needed parts out to get to the expansion valve. He sold me the part with the expansion valve already on it. That made me have to meet the challenge. It took me three days and nights to do. I didn’t pay him for the part until a few years later. He didn’t charge very much for the part. His advice on other problems were invaluble. I don’t have time or room to tell all I learned from all the members that helped me. Here is a list of all that I can gather(although most positively not complete). MichealH, JayJagJay, David Yau, Motorman, fmertz, Dan B,BobRoy, Fraser Mitchell, FFast71SS, adam669, WhiteXKR, JimC64, Fat71SS, vsol, an others not named but just as important for to me accomplish my goals. I thank you all.
I finished the Transgo valve change and am now driving the car. I don’t know what I did wrong. When starting from a stop the car pulls hard and sometimes bang into gear. It seems to be not starting from first gear. After getting to fifteen or twenty miles per hour it goes with a lot of power like normal. It appears to me that the car never starts from first gear , otherwise it drives normal. The little engine symbol stays and on and and the orange warning light comes on shortly and stays on. Also the red warning light comes and does the same. The car was sitting for six months while I accumulated items for the Transgo valve, filter and the transmission fluid change.

Also my speedometer doesn’t work and hasn’t worked since prior to trans trouble. Is there a step by step procedure that I can use to diagnose the speedometer problem. I would appreciate whatever help, advice, etc that anyone can provide. I enjoy reading the posts. I later plan to buy a 2008 or 2009, but I plan to keep the 2002 as long I am around.

Again thanks everyone for all the help, posts, and other interesting articles. It made being retired wonderful. Excuse the gramer and other mistakes

WRD0225

Old 10-02-2021 | 09:27 PM
Veteran Member

You may want to review what Gary Ferraro shows in his videos, maybe you can see something you may have missed?

https://www.youtube.com/c/GaryFerrar...ch?query=722.6