XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

THEME : Engine Drain Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2021 | 11:22 AM
|
Default THEME : Engine Drain Pipes

Hello there:
I have a problem with my jaguar xj V8 from 2001.
When I wash the jaguar in a car wash, water gets into me and falls on the driver's floor. Does anyone know where the engine drain pipes are located to remove the water and how many there are, I think some are clogged, dirty or full of leaves.
Thank you very much, for your help in advance.

Greetings from Javier

Old 09-16-2021 | 03:33 PM
Veteran Member

Hard to say but does your car have a sun roof?
The early cars are known for the sun roof drains to detach at the pan. Usually this means the "A" pillar gets wet and then the carpet on the floor.
There are 4 drains in the 4 corners of the sun roof pan.

Here is a picture from an Lincoln LS showing the nipple the hose comes off of. This picture is drivers side front drain.

Now the drains could also be clogged especially if you park under trees that drop needles.
Post back with more information if you can.

Old 09-17-2021 | 01:11 PM
|

Dear Clubhairth1:
The jaguar X308 is from 2001. It does not have a sunroof. I don't know what can happen to him. I have cleaned the drain ducts that have been seen, and yet when I pressure spray it, water drips on the driver's carpet.
I have read here, that it may be failure of the central cover of the firewall, https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...r-cover-156113/ or of the Duckbill (I don't know where that piece is located or what it is like).

Thank you for your help and receive a warm greeting from,

Javier

Old 09-18-2021 | 12:46 PM
Veteran Member

Have you had the windshield replaced? I would start there anyway it's the prime suspect for leaks. Have someone in the car with the door closed and his head down in the drivers foot well. Yes this is very difficult to do! Hopefully you got someone small and flexible around?

Take out any floor mats and if the carpet is wet I would peel it back and put some dry towels down. Make sure he has a flash light and can see up behind the dash and around the firewall as much as possible anyway! I sometimes have to remove that lower trim panel above the carpet to see better.

Start with your water hose outside the car at the drivers door seal and follow that around slowly. Then start at the base of windshield and slowly go up the drivers side of the windshield. At some point the guy inside should yell out he is seeing water.

Not sure what drains your talking about since no sun roof in your car? The doors should drain out the bottom but with the modern door and window seals not much water gets in the doors these days.

I just did this on a 2014 Ford F-150 and found it was the windshield.

Old 09-19-2021 | 01:09 PM
|

Dear Friend:
They have changed the windshield, because I thought the fault was there, and with the new windshield (original Jaguar brand), water continues to fall in front of the driver's seat.
I will do the steps that you have told me and see what happens.
Once again ........................ thank you very much for the treatment you have with me.

A hug.

Javier

Old 09-19-2021 | 02:10 PM
Veteran Member

You may also want to check the water drains under each front fender/wheel well.

I believe they drain water from the front scuttle intake in front of the windshield, if these drain hoses are blocked water could overflow into the interior of the car?

Old 09-20-2021 | 08:13 AM
Veteran Member

Good Morning Javier!

Yes if they changed the windshield I would focus on that. It is a VERY common problem and as I said right now I am fighting the same thing with a 2014 F-150 pickup.
How it works around here is they will attempt to remove and reset the existing windshield BUT no guarantees and most likely they will break it taking it out. So plan to buy another windshield unless you have some kind of warranty from whoever installed the first one?

Whatever you do make sure they don't just slather on some sealant and call it good. Very little chance that will work plus it will look terrible.

Old 09-20-2021 | 10:06 AM

I had the same problem, the driver's side drain pipe from the front scuttle below the windscreen was trapped between the body and the wheel arch liner and so the water couldn't escape, but was flowing down through the heater and ending up draining through the outlet under the driver's seat onto the carpet. From my experience, the drain pipe into the front wheel arch is a likely cause for you.

Old 09-23-2021 | 02:39 AM
|

ear Carnival Kid:
Thank you very much for your help and suggestion. Today I am going to wash the car with a pressurized water hose and I took some photos so you can see where the water falls.

Once again, thank you very much and happy day,

Javier

Old 09-23-2021 | 02:44 AM
|

Dear Nigelmay:
Thanks for your suggestion and help.
I've looked at the drains I've seen and except for one, the others were clean. I'll see the drain you told me about and I'll tell you. I will try to upload some photos.

Thank you very much and happy day Nigelmay

Javier

Old 09-24-2021 | 03:36 AM
|

Hello there:
Yesterday I washed the jaguar with pressurized water and I am attaching a photograph so you can see where the water falls. It's not a lot, but it hurts.

Sorry for the quality of the photography, but I'm not good at it.

Thank you all and happy weekend.

All the best,

Javier

MARCA DE AGUA EN LA ALFOMBRA DESPUÉS DE LAVADO A PRESIÓN.

Thank you all and happy weekend.

All the best,

Javier

Old 09-25-2021 | 09:25 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the pictures but I was not clear?

You need to see where the water is entering the car. Where it lands is often NOT where it's coming from as water drips and follows all the nooks and crannies in the car.
Is anything wet above the floor area?
Is the head liner wet especially around the "A" pillars of the windshield?

Old 09-28-2021 | 07:09 AM
|

Dear Friend:
I have a relative admitted to a hospital and now I cannot keep an eye on the jaguar.
As long as he is still in the hospital, the car is parked.

Thank you very much and receive a warm greeting from,

Javier

Old 10-16-2021 | 05:47 AM
|

Solved!
The problem was two worn brake booster seals. They replaced them and no more water enters.

Thanks everyone for your help.

All the best.