XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Torque converter Bolt Size? XJR '99

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 10:01 PM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Torque converter Bolt Size? XJR '99

Slightly stripped one of the torque converter bolts and I would like to replace. These are the set of 3 bolts that you see by removing the rubber access panel right by the torque converter.

I believe they are m10x1.5 ? can anyone confirm this and the length?

Old 05-16-2017, 07:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,815 Likes on 1,330 Posts

One of 2 suggestions I would have, not knowing the size, is to take either the good nut and/or bolt to a local hardware store (usually an ACE for me) and find the size that way (and usually the replacement in grade 8)...making sure the heads and/or seats are identical. Or, take it down to the local indy or Jag parts dept and see if they have one or can get you that.
I know member Daim has recently done some transmission work, but I am unaware if he knows the size you ask?

The following users liked this post:
vsol (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 10:16 AM
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Highhorse
One of 2 suggestions I would have, not knowing the size, is to take either the good nut and/or bolt to a local hardware store (usually an ACE for me) and find the size that way (and usually the replacement in grade 8)...making sure the heads and/or seats are identical. Or, take it down to the local indy or Jag parts dept and see if they have one or can get you that.
I know member Daim has recently done some transmission work, but I am unaware if he knows the size you ask?
I got this search result from autozone when putting in XJR for vehicle.

Help Torque converter bolts 14040 - Read Reviews on Help #14040

i will try these and report back