XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Turn Signal Indicators Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Turn Signal Indicators Not Working

I didn't notice when I bought the car but since noticed that the front passengers turn signal indicator is out and the drivers side turn signal indicator is out. The passenger's fog light is intermittent. Things like this tend to really bug me.

So first thing was to pop out the lens covers and check the bulbs. All bulbs are good. The plugs look good too but I sprayed them with contact cleaner anyway. I decided to trace the wires and found the connectors in the wheel wells. These looked OK but sprayed them with contact cleaner too. That brought the passenger's fog light to life - small victory but still no luck with the turn signal indicators.

I didn't see the fuse(s) for the turn signals and I assume the left and right indicators are on the same circuit anyway so I gave that a miss.

Just now I checked the voltages to the turn signals. The working indicators are getting about 10V but the inoperable ones are getting 3.7V. I think this means the wires (and fuses) are OK but now its getting more mysterious. I've read about the body processor module. Is it possible this has something to do with it?