XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Ultra gauge use

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 09:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ultra gauge use

I see alot of people using Real gauges but i have an Ultra Gauge that i like alot better. It is not hard mounted yet- not sure where to mount it at. I use this gauge in my Land Rover D2 to keep an eye on temps when pulling atv trailer. The gauge has 7 pages - you have several options, it will read and clear engine codes.
Currently i am watching my fuel trim reading - trying to find all the air leaks. Did not realize how brittle the hoses are on this car.
Just installed three O2 sensers - the top DR side sensor - do you have to go from the top to get to it? Remove water res and hoses? i have not found a way from the bottom of car.
thanks
hunt

Attached Thumbnails Ultra gauge use-img_1823.jpg   Ultra gauge use-img_1822.jpg   Ultra gauge use-img_1824.jpg  
Old 12-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Received 282 Likes on 176 Posts

This thing provides a lot of usefull information. However,.....anything digital is a "no go" for me, unless I could find something like this, but with the LCD display matching the climate control or the radio display. I dislike ALL aftermarket radio "upgrades" for the same reason. Shiny, new, colorfull electronics don't fit in my Cat's interior. Some people don't mind it, but I passed on a nice XJR recently, because it had a radio "upgrade". It's not a problem to source another stock radio, but what will I find behind the upgraded one is a BIG question (hacked wires, cut harnesses, etc.). New electronics simply don't look right.

I wish our X308s would have more gauges like XJ6/XJ12 used to. I've been looking for a long time into my interior, and thinking where, and how to mount more gauges,....so far it hasn't dawned on me. The main problem is that there is not enough room anywhere. I wouldn't mind sourcing the original interior parts from the junkyard, and cutting, glueing, and such, as long as it looks "period correct". I am definitely this cat's last owner, and the resale is not my concern at all.