XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Wanting a killer tune for a decent price?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Well Chris; I'm pretty disappointed in you. You post that your guy Kurt will do tunes for us at a decent price, but then when I respond to your post saying I need a tune on my STR and would like to contact Kurt to do mine, I find out that you think Kurt belongs to you and you're going to try to skim some off the top of each Jag forum member who wants to benefit from the service that you so opportunistically offer as a good deal. Well I think other forum memberd need to know where you're coming from and that your offer is nothing but a broker's offer and that I have told you that I have no intention of shipping you my equipment so you can feed it to your tuner and then return it to me with your charges. Your type of Forum help is totally selfish and deceptive. You sound just like you say Eurotek sounds. Rude!

Forget that buster! I didn't just fall off the turnip truck and I believe in uncovering wolves in sheep's clothing, just like I did with Stiegemeier.
Truman (ttowtees)

For the benefit of those who are interested, here is a copy of your (Chris' XJR0220) to me:
--------------------------
Truman; Obviously your in a HUGE rush. Kurt and I dont talk everyday I simply emailed him what you wrote me and when he gets a chance he will let me know. Also I can tell you he will not be working with your guys. He is my tuner and if he decides to do it your ECU will have to be sent to me I will send it to kurt and he will take care of it and I will send it back. I am running my buisness and you have to go through me for your tune sorry but thats how it works. If he decides he can do it then it may take a lil time he has been working on the xjr ecus and from what we have found the stypes use a different tune meaning he hasnt even opened one up yet to see what is the same an what is different. I will let you know when he tells me

Last edited by ttwotees; 12-10-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

Truman,

I've been following this tuning thread and just wanted to give you a neutral perspective from another fellow member -

1) From the beginning of the thread, it seemed obvious (and not deceptive) that XJR0220 must have some sort of working arrangement with Kurt to tune Jaguars. You don't know what there working arrangement is - I am guessing Chris and Kurt are friends and they simply have an arrangement whereby Chris could help gauge Jaguar forum members interest in Kurt's tuning expertise. And, if a member was interested in a tune, Chris would act as a liason. (Maybe Chris is the really outgoing sales guy and Kurt is the really quiet mechanic - doesn't matter)

2) Brokering a deal is not a big deal and is oftentimes how businesses chose to operate. I order parts from my local Jaguar dealership all the time. If you think about it, they are essentially acting as a broker to Jaguar Cars USA. I am sure they get a percentage of the sales.

If you end up getting your car tuned by XJ0220 & Kurt and you get poor customer service and poor quality of work than I think you would have every right to complain and post onto the forum.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by BrownRobin
Truman,

I've been following this tuning thread and just wanted to give you a neutral perspective from another fellow member -

1) From the beginning of the thread, it seemed obvious (and not deceptive) that XJR0220 must have some sort of working arrangement with Kurt to tune Jaguars. You don't know what there working arrangement is - I am guessing Chris and Kurt are friends and they simply have an arrangement whereby Chris could help gauge Jaguar forum members interest in Kurt's tuning expertise. And, if a member was interested in a tune, Chris would act as a liason. (Maybe Chris is the really outgoing sales guy and Kurt is the really quiet mechanic - doesn't matter)

2) Brokering a deal is not a big deal and is oftentimes how businesses chose to operate. I order parts from my local Jaguar dealership all the time. If you think about it, they are essentially acting as a broker to Jaguar Cars USA. I am sure they get a percentage of the sales.

If you end up getting your car tuned by XJ0220 & Kurt and you get poor customer service and poor quality of work than I think you would have every right to complain and post onto the forum.
Michael; Perhaps you're right, but in re-reading Chris' original post, I thought he made it sound like he was offering Kurt to do tunes for us. There was no mention of anyone sending him our ECMs to have this done. I am well aware that brokering is a standard practice, but my opinion is that XKR220 (Chris) post was deceptive and his response to me was extremely rude saying HIS tuner would not be working with us and that I would have to send HIM my equipment. Sorry, but that's not the way I understood his tender.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:11 PM
ud
Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Wow truman all I can say is GROW up I never once said kurt belongs to me I said he is my tuner meaning if he wanted to go around an advertise that he can tune a car for ya he would have a website and being doing just that. But he doesnt in fact he doesnt even like to get involved I met him through him doing a favor for another guy. So when the oppertunity came up for him to do the jags at a much cheaper price than eurotek or someone overseas and do a much better job. I asked if he would be willing, if I am making some money because it is a joint venture..... then what is that your buisness?? If your still saving money and getting a better product whats the difference??

I dont recall eurotek saying hey we can get a guy to tune your car no you send them your ecu and they have their guy do it you never talk directly to "their" guy. I did not ask you to send me anything I told you that I would forward your message to Kurt and if he was interested and not busy then he will tell me. As I explained he hasnt even opened an S type ecu are they the same who knows. But after your immature, childish, and ridiculous response I am going to tell you that I am not interested in helping you at all. I will pass your info and your response onto Kurt and if he choses to contact you then its on him.

By me telling you he would not be working with your tuners was not meant rude stop putting whatever emotion you want into my messages. You have no clue what I meant I am not a rude person, I simply meant Kurt deals with very few people and does not like to talk on forums, phone, and email he likes to keep to himself. Hes a private guy and works hard does not get involved in the public relations area. But yet you were quick to judge me an yet we have never talked. If thats your pic in your avatar then I would say for someone of your years you would think you had better manners, more respect, and a better understanding of how the world works. I have not once said I would not be making profit on this tuning hell this how the world works. An quite honestly I am not doing this for anyone but myself I wanted my car better and just threw it out there if it works out great and someone wants theirs done, awesome. If not I dont care I have a job I make great money but i am also a buisnessman an if I can bring to the market a better tune, for alot better price than anyone else and still make a profit while providing all these benefits for you guys then wheres the harm?? There is none sorry you were not hugged enough as a child and feel the need to be so negitive and try and throw me under the bus because I wont have my tuner contact you.

Good luck with your car obviously the snake bite is a HUGE fail cus you cant even get it to run long enough to dyno...... prove me wrong. I have already been doing alot more than having someone help me with the tune, I have found a way to get my "STOCK" blower to make 13 to 14 psi all the way to redline by simply notching the tensioner and changing the belt. I have developed new mannys which should make a big difference in flow but havent tested them yet, we are working on a few other things too. The stock blower is maxed from the factory period sure a bigger pulley will help bring boost up quicker but by midrange your causing more harm than helping. The car backs off timing due to heat and floods the fuel due to the same thing thus killing power, cause your intercooler cant cool the charge down due to how much heat your putting into the motor. What have you done for the community besides whine?? You wanted rude well there ya go theres rude. But in this glass house that we all live in you decided to throw the first stone.

Oh and have a nice day maybe eurotek can help ya out wait you just wrote me saying your cars been down for most the year and cant seem to get it right hummmm. An did you happen to mention to the forum that you PMed me on thurs asking about it I said politely I would ask kurt and let you know when I heard from him and then no more than 2 days later are PMing me again asking if I had heard anything. I said I would get back to you if I cant make something happen fast enough for you then go elsewhere dont hound someone because its been longer than you expect it to be.

In closing I will say there is obviously a reason why you have such a hard time with people...... me, steig, and others from what I read. At some point in life you have to step back and look at yourself and realise that maybe your in the wrong. This thread was not made for you and your whining or crying by how I conduct myself and how I chose to bring my tunes to the jag guys. If you want to start your own thread to do so then by all means do it if you decide to keep trying to whine in my thread I will contact the admin and have your posts deleted. I have a PM an you are more than welcome to chat with me I hold no hard feelings cause unlike some I am a grown up in a grown up world and know how the world works. Im surprised you didnt scream at ole steig because he didnt let you just use his porting equipment instead of him doing it I mean afterall everyone should get things for free right??

Last edited by XJR-0220; 12-11-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I am personally very grateful for anyone trying to help us in this quest for having a decent tune for a reasonable price, and having someone who cares to get it right before trying to sell something that is not perfected has my vote of confidence. That's my two cents worth. Paul

Old 12-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

I have read just about every tuning thread on these forums...This one, by far, has been the most entertaining...

Old 12-11-2011, 06:08 PM
ud

Well bacardi 151 will make any thread entertaining strong brew lol, I will say that, glad I can provide some laughs and chuckles as well haha. The world needs more laughs, smiles, and happiness. Not to mention positivity maybe Truman can attend a good self help workshop and take off the rose colored glasses and see the world as it truely is not how he precieves it should be. Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,067 Likes on 761 Posts

Any news about the TCM tune?

Old 01-22-2012, 07:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,356 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Andre' just fit a manual, it's on according to Norm...

Old 01-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Veteran Member

Its an intseresting option, but I am driving just to much so preffer the automatic actually.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:28 AM
Veteran Member

Am afraid we have to breakup camping, xjr-220 disappeared completely, am not getting any response anymore from him.

Anyone else in contact with Chris maybe?

Old 02-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by avos
Am afraid we have to breakup camping, xjr-220 disappeared completely, am not getting any response anymore from him.

Anyone else in contact with Chris maybe?
That sucks. I was looking forward to this one.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:21 AM
Veteran Member

@XJR-0220
I see you are still loggin in (last time 24-02), not sure why you are not responding anymore to my mails or to the forum.

I would apreciate if you can get in touch again as I would like to have my TCM back.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:12 AM

I tried to warn you guys about this clown. He and his pocket friend Kurt (imaginary?) want your money. Was there ever really an valid offer?

Old 02-28-2012, 01:18 PM
ud

TTwotees you can go fly a kite warn everyone since when have I asked anyone for money at all Im still hard at work getting the tune done. Im soooooo sorry that me getting a divorce and being in court trying to take care of my kids is more important right now than finishing up a tune that I initially started for myself and have not asked anyone for any money at all. I said I would not sell the tune until it was ready. I had a few snags come up having to due with the traction control and torque control problems from what im told.

Avos sorry I havent been around just been busy with life lol emailing me would be much easier if you werent in england id say just call.

Now with that said things are finally starting to calm down got into my new place left the house to the ex, we have custody settled and suppoert worked out so hopefully now she can stop with her antics.

As for you ttwotees if you want to converse with me do so by PM until then I would think a Man wait to good of a word for you a boy of your age would have enough maturity to act like an adult. You act like a spoiled 2 year old that was scorned man come to think of it my 2 year old acts more mature than you. If you have such a screwed up car that it needs tuning get it tuned yourself and find your own guy. Kurt is not "MY GUY" he has asked me directly to not give out his number or info that if you guys want something to just let me know and have me pass it on. Why this is so bad to you I have no clue but grow the hell up and act like a MAN not a child. If I had been on here asking for money and saying send it to me now and when it done ill send you the tune and then disappeared then you would have a reason to gripe. As such you dont all I did was tell you that if you wanted kurt to do anything for you that you would have to go through me this was not my idea this was his wishes. Seems no matter what anyone does for you that you take everything negatively sad really that you live your life in such a fashion. Bob and I talked and wow the stories he told me bout you your a piece of work. Maybe if you would stop for a sec and stop reliving your days as a paste eating, picked on, helmet wearing, crayon gobbling, twit you'ld see that I am only doing what was asked of me by the guy willing to do it. Instead of it suddenly all about money which its obviously NOT about as I have neither asked nor gotten any. I hope this is the last time you and I converse if you would like to talk to me and can apologize for your childish manners PM me if not get the hell outta my thread and shut up before I PM the admin for action against you.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,356 Likes on 1,067 Posts

Good to hear you're back on track - life's a real test sometimes. Keep us updated on the tunes, I'm still interested.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmmm . . . bit hot on this thread.

Just a question on 2001 MY XKR fuel pumps. Does anyone know what their flow rate is? Someone on this thread said 190 lph but there was no followup offered when questioned.

The secondary pump on my car has failed and when I remove the tank, was considering replacing both pumps with 2 Walbro 255 lph. Would this be overkill?

Old 02-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedFerret
Hmmm . . . bit hot on this thread.

Just a question on 2001 MY XKR fuel pumps. Does anyone know what their flow rate is? Someone on this thread said 190 lph but there was no followup offered when questioned.

The secondary pump on my car has failed and when I remove the tank, was considering replacing both pumps with 2 Walbro 255 lph. Would this be overkill?
I'd say it depends as to what your plans are with the car. I don't think too much fuel would be a bad thing as long as you can control the flow and volume in proportion as to what your motor needs. I'd say that this should be a new separate thread. I'm sure others will chime in.

BACK TO THE THREAD,

I'm glad to see it's back on track. Life can really throw some curveballs sometimes. I've had a few thrown at me this past week. Jumping to conclusions is never a good thing and if someone can bring something new to the board and wants to get compensated for his effort and time I don't see anything wrong with it. Noone is twisting anyone's arm or forcing things down their throats. We're all adults here and we can decide if we want something on certain terms or we don't. Only ladies can't say NO to me, but that's a different storylol

Old 02-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

All fun aside I am still looking for someone that can tune my XJR in Houston. Entertaining reading thats for sure..lol

Old 05-26-2012, 03:19 PM
ud

Ok guys update on the tune looks like sometimes you hve to take a step backwards to go two forward but most of the little bugs have been worked out im not so much concerned with the dyno numbers at this point as I am that it drives as good if not better than stock with better response and more power. So far I am quite pleased and so i will be giving this tune to a few guys here shortly free of charge to try out and see how it feels and works. I have noticed that most tuners are getting round 30hp and 40tq give or take well according to their claims havent tried one yet. while i am not going to release my dyno numbers just yet I can say so far my buddies tune is making more than tht at the wheels and thats with no pulley change thts tune only. This is all on a safe AFR safe timing curve and premium pump gas no race gas though Im sure we could figure a way to make a flip chip for differing octanes. Stay tuned

Quick Reply: Wanting a killer tune for a decent price?