Old 07-09-2024, 12:45 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RandyS
It's a great thing to have your own style. You think outside the box
and use your own skills to accomplish a needed task. The only
downside is when unforeseen circumstance creates a situation
where using a tried and true method would have been more
effective or cost worthy.
This tool is based upon designs I found searching on here. The strengthening is because the angle iron I had wasn't really thick enough (old bed frame).

Phil

Old Yesterday, 04:23 AM
Received 239 Likes on 144 Posts

Yesterday I was in the tyre shop getting new tyres fitted to the wheels for my HD. While stood around I noticed they did 4 wheel alignment & as I've been saying for years I'll get the XJR done, I asked about it & as they could do it there & then it got done. Lucky I have the workshop manual on my phone as they couldn't find the rear toe-in adjustment, amazingly once it was pointed out the bolt wasn't seized & adjusted easily.

Now the right rear wheel isn't pointing in way too much & the tracking is right, it drives a lot better. Feels like it's rolling freer too as all the wheels are pointing the right way. I'd got used to the front feeling like it was tucking in a bit on bends, must have been the excessive toe-in at the front making it odd. The car not feeling like it wants to walk sideways when booted is good too.

Then I got home & refitted the wheels in my HD. So two vehicles fixed in one day.

Old Yesterday, 08:35 AM

More shocking news, I actually washed my XJR today & polished the dash etc. Doesn't look like it's been dragged out of a field now as I've got all the moss & mould growing on it off. I really should do it more often but somehow never seem to get around to it.

Old Today, 10:36 AM

I seem to be monopolising this thread currently but today's minor improvement was finally buying some dress making pins to fix* the saggy headlining over the back seat. It's annoyed me since I got the car, I've just never remembered to buy pins as never seen them for sale anywhere I go. Finally got some today & it looks a look neater even with little pin heads showing, makes it nicer for the occasional rear seat passengers too.

The following users liked this post:
Philip_A (Today)
Old Today, 10:56 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Hooli
I seem to be monopolising this thread currently but today's minor improvement was finally buying some dress making pins to fix* the saggy headlining over the back seat. It's annoyed me since I got the car, I've just never remembered to buy pins as never seen them for sale anywhere I go. Finally got some today & it looks a look neater even with little pin heads showing, makes it nicer for the occasional rear seat passengers too.
Push them in using star constellations as a pattern, claim it was the forerunner and Bentley copied the idea.