XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

What ive been up to with my XJ8

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015 | 05:17 PM
|
Default What ive been up to with my XJ8

Hi ya'll,I thought id post a few pics n tell you all about whats been happening since ive last been on.

Well ill get the worse of it out the way as I don't want to put you off reading so going back to the last bit of bad weather we had in Glasgow {snow n ice}

I thought as its so bad and I didn't have to go out for a few days I left my car parked up at the house {dead end} thinking id narrow the chance of having an accident as Jag's don't like the really bad weather as you well know,so on the third day the main roads were clearing enough to go out and to my disappointment someone slid into my n/s/r quarter panel

GUTTED to say the least,then fast forward to a few week ago a couple of tint kids decided to use my car as a play area !! climbed up the front bumper {yes up the front as the boot was too high} onto the bonnet and proceeded to the roof and used the front n rear screens as slides so you can imagine the paint work all over!!

As they jumped from front to back the roof gave way as they seemed to think it was a bouncy castle ?! I WAS SICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway thanks to many decent people I know {you know who you are}one of which is JimC64 id like to take this opportunity to say again a massive THANK YOU for all you done not only to get my car back in shape but also to lift me from a dark time as my car is everything to me !!

Some might not get it as IT IS JUST A PIECE OF METAL and no one got hurt etc etc BUT its what I worked very hard for and put all my care and attention into it {now I feel as though im having to explain myself,lol}
Anyway on the upside its looking nicer than ever Yes its got a few battle scars but for the damage caused to where its at now you can judge for yourselfs.

You cant see how badly the paint got scratched all over bumpers,bonnet,roof and boot

Also the wiring that runs trough the roof for the alarm sensors had to be fixed !

Although you may not notice the regy plate had been stood on on the way up onto the bonnet and bent the screws downwards to the right so that had to go too !!
I WILL POST SOME PICTURES OF HOW ITS SITTING NOW :}
Thanks for reading.

Rab

Old 05-06-2015 | 06:09 PM
|
Default Before and after shots

Hi,now I got that rant of my chest here are some before and after shots of my wheels I got done at Wheel Pro Scotland

Massive thanks to Ian n John for fixing the roof

Also to Prestige Jaguar Paisley for all the help machine polishing and wiring work on the roof alarm sensors and will be finished on Friday all going well as im due a service on the same day.
They are a fantastic team of guy's and I could never have kept a Jaguar to such high standards without their great prices !

hard graft with polish I never knew existed from JimC64

Again you cant appreciate how bad it was scored looking at pictures but this is it on its way to recovery :}

Not only did Jim help with the hard graft and great little ideas on how to do things I never thought of ! Also to Conner {Jim's son} for his part in getting my car back up to scratch THANKS buddy !!

Ok here are the 'before' the car went into Wheel Pro Scotland.

And another before

And the finished product :}

THANKS Wheel Pro Scotland for a superb job!
I'd highly recommend them to anyone 10/10

Hi,now I got that rant of my chest here are some before and after shots of my wheels I got done at Wheel Pro Scotland

Old 05-07-2015 | 10:57 AM
Veteran Member

Hey Rab, nice post, some really good before and after pictures too!

Have to say that the roof was unbelievably bad, the pictures don't do justice to how awful it was, a really good on the fly repair, much better.

I remember commenting on the wheels and helping to look for prices, but don't remember them being that bad, paint a little flat and corrosion here n there.
To be fair Wheelpro did such a good job, they probably make the before's look worse than they were, much much better.

Now those hubs and calipers we did some time ago need doing to show them off, always happy to help where and when I can Rab.

See you at the meet in June, if not before.....

The following users liked this post:
kingfisher (05-07-2015)
Old 05-07-2015 | 11:53 AM
|

Yeah your spot on the wheels didn't look as bad as they are shown in the close ups !! But ill HAVE to do the callipers now as they look old as do the wheel nuts AAARGH its never ending LOL
Again id like to thank you for all your help Jim.
Cheers
Rab

JimC64 (05-07-2015)
Old 05-07-2015 | 05:58 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by kingfisher
Hi ya'll,I thought id post a few pics n tell you all about whats been happening since ive last been on.
That is a horror story no one wants to live, can't even imagine what you went through when you saw the car after its destruction.
Incredible to see how she revived!

kingfisher (05-09-2015)
Old 05-09-2015 | 06:55 PM
|

Hi Ericjansen,I hope and pray no one ever has to suffer the way I did at the hands of two 4year old kids !!
I appreciate you taking your time to have a look at the before and after,well I say 'after' but when your friends with JimC64 there is NO after lol
I mean that in the nicest possible way as he has done me proud with all the hard work/materials/effort and time.
He has an eye for always bettering the cars which is a great thing :}
Jim you know im so grateful for all your help.

I hope this message finds you well.
Take care.

Rab

JimC64 (05-09-2015)
Old 05-09-2015 | 07:20 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the kind words Rab, always happy to help where n when I can
Your car's really taken a "leap" forward this past wee while, even after those unfortunate incidents with the kids from hell

All singing all dancing interior valet, new number plates, refurbished alloys, new wheel centre caps and wheel bolt caps to come too, hubs n calipers repainting to be done, paintwork refreshed, cleaned and claybarred, all good stuff.

Especially nice as I know you love and look after your car, I memory of your dad.
No doubt more pics to follow shortly??

Old 05-30-2015 | 07:25 PM
Veteran Member

Now updated with hubs and calipers painted, new wheel centre caps and also some mice chrome wheel bolt covers, as witnessed today, but no pics??