XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

X308 LED switch plus radio...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X308 LED switch plus radio...

I have a 1998 vdp

Im wanting to switch out all my dash lights to led. Including the clock, and climate control bulbs
But do not want an led dash and an aqua/green radio and odometer.

Any suggestions on bulbs that would help the differnece?

Old 02-24-2017, 08:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,813 Likes on 1,328 Posts

Welcome D.golbienko, please introduce yourself in the New Members Area, its a requirement, and review the forum rules and such. Go to the top left task bar....Forums, General Jaguar Forums and New Member Area.

Do a search in the task bar above in either the task bar just above, middle...Search or top right of task bar below the banner and Search for your question. There are many threads on this to include the type of LED's, install of and color assortments and sources to obtain the bulbs.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

No idea how to solve your request, but I've swapped the lights for the speedometer cluster, they are ordinary clear incandescent bulbs, about 7 bulbs in 2 different sizes - the coloring comes from the gauge cluster, not the bulbs - so what you're trying to do is a big job as you'd need to completely disassemble the cluster and find and swap all the colored translucent plastic bits, and reassemble it without breaking anything. Removal of the cluster is very easy in this car, but modifying it successfully is likely very challenging.

Then rinse, repeat, for the radio and hvac controller. The individual switches should be fairly easy. The jgate lights are not difficult but very time consuming due to the light bulbs being soldered in.

Last edited by vdpnyc; 02-25-2017 at 03:03 PM.