XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

XJ8 A/C Evaporator Core Removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XJ8 A/C Evaporator Core Removal

I have complete procedures for removal of the A/C evaporator core. These procedures describe the removal process of the heater/evaporator core on a 2003 Jaguar XJ8 Vanden Plas (X308). The procedures contain photos, diagrams, and a sequential process for completely removing the center console and dashboard to gain access for removing the A/C evaporator core. The step by step process is included in an Adobe pdf file which is about 7.5 MB. Since the file size is too large to be posted here, please email me at grungedude@comcast.net and I will email you a copy.

The following users liked this post:
3timejag (09-22-2018)
Old 03-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

First I would like to thank grungedude for the very comprehesive and detailed guide on the XJ8 Evaporator removal. I just completed it just this past weekend and it consumed the entirety of the 3 days, sat, sun and I took monday off of work in anticipation it might take another day.

Sure enough I finished it Monday at around 6pm,this has to have been one of the most gargantuan disassembly jobs I have ever done in my 35 years of working on cars(not by trade). Amazing how everything just went back into place, these cars are very well-built and precise.

Moment of panic came when I first turned the key on and all hell broke, every imaginable error was displayed on the IP cluster and Climate control unit showed err, turn out I had left the shifter plate plug disconnected, plugged back in and everything was well, thanks again for the guide,JJ.

Old 09-10-2020, 04:12 PM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jjane1
First I would like to thank grungedude for the very comprehesive and detailed guide on the XJ8 Evaporator removal. I just completed it just this past weekend and it consumed the entirety of the 3 days, sat, sun and I took monday off of work in anticipation it might take another day.

Sure enough I finished it Monday at around 6pm,this has to have been one of the most gargantuan disassembly jobs I have ever done in my 35 years of working on cars(not by trade). Amazing how everything just went back into place, these cars are very well-built and precise.

Moment of panic came when I first turned the key on and all hell broke, every imaginable error was displayed on the IP cluster and Climate control unit showed err, turn out I had left the shifter plate plug disconnected, plugged back in and everything was well, thanks again for the guide,JJ.
I know it's been a while, but any chance you still have that guide? I'm looking to start this beast of a project and could use all the help I can get!

Old 09-10-2020, 07:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,031 Likes on 811 Posts

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/w...d.php?t=223146

This isn’t a step by step but it’s more like getting familiar with it. If you have any questions, I can try to answer.

Old 09-11-2020, 07:23 AM

jaggernautt,
Yes, I still have the guide. Just email me at grungedude@comcast.net and I will send you a copy.
grungedude

Old 09-11-2020, 07:30 AM
Smile X308 Evaporator Removal Procedures

Originally Posted by jaggernautt
I know it's been a while, but any chance you still have that guide? I'm looking to start this beast of a project and could use all the help I can get!
jaggernautt,
Yes I still have the procedures. Anyone can send me an email at grungedude@comcast.net and I will email to them.
grungedude

Old 09-11-2020, 02:56 PM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Addicted2boost
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/w...d.php?t=223146

This isn’t a step by step but it’s more like getting familiar with it. If you have any questions, I can try to answer.
I appreciate the thread link. Grungedude actually got back to me almost immediately after emailing him, and was happy to let me upload the file for anyone in the future that needs it. I was going to upload it to an external site and link to that, but I figured for longevity's sake it might be better to just split the pdf into two parts (to bypass the 5MB size limit per file).

Thanks again Grungedude!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Evaporator Removal (Part 1).pdf (2.62 MB, 258 views)
File Type: pdf
Evaporator Removal (Part 2).pdf (4.85 MB, 138 views)