XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

XJR vs 2003-2004 Mustang Cobra power gains

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean B
BIP quoted 50% with the list of mods,
"We would like to see a 50% + increase in power which should be a easy task to accomplish".

-Performance heads, ported, polished with valve job
-Camshafts
-High strength valve springs
-Headers with down pipes
-Cooling system
-4.0L Supercharger kit
-Torque converter
-TCU flash upgrades
-Pistons
-Maf upgrades
-Throttle body upgrades
-Intake kits

With TC's car doing 340/380, they're aiming for 510/580. The output of 625-650 is 115/140 over their base claim, 45/70 over peak. How do you find these extra rwhp on the bench? By building a $20,000 plus engine, not skimping on using anything secondhand, custom made all the way.

Or, N2O.
It will be 650 at the wheels. I think we left something out... NOT NOS I HATE NOS!!

Old 09-08-2011, 05:35 PM

Hey Avis, Can you throw up what your mods are. I can't find them. Just curious.

Old 09-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Did anyone with a twin screw setup actually do a dyno run?

Old 09-08-2011, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by adam699
Did anyone with a twin screw setup actually do a dyno run?

Avis did. Numbers look good. it's posted on the "Project Overboost" thread I think.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Thunderkitten at the rate you are going by the time the car is done you will be over 1000hp @ the rear wheels & 1500hp @ the lips. This project is starting to remind me of an old urban myth, does anyone agree??

1995 Darwin Award: JATO Rocket Car

Old 09-08-2011, 08:42 PM

I already told you it's going to be amphibious not a rocket. It has to make it to sweden and i much prefer a sea voyage. keep that rolling refrigerator cold for when you cool down my beer after i put a hurtin on ya

Old 09-09-2011, 01:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,068 Likes on 761 Posts

@Adam699
The kit is not the limiting factor for power enhancements and already propels you into 5.0 SC power levels, without the need of cheats mentioned, or eardrums that some may need . I have done some small extra mods that will help to push it further again, not sure where I am at for the moment, will do some dyno runs when I have the time. Will pm you.

@Thunderkitten,
Ok so you are going to cheat then with Water/Meth and Racefuel then, well that’s your choice.

You have lost the game already long ago when you went way into the 5 figure $ range and it baffles me that you didn’t go for an engine enlargement once you went into this price range, that would have given you the chance for some serious power, without the need for cheats/tricks.

I have written about my kit, about my setup, and you have even asked me questions about my kit and how that would compare to another kit while your car was already with bip and you where committed with them, and you still don’t know what I have? Oh boy

I hope you get your target with what you are spending, but I guess you get some discount at least for the advertising right? Now get that show on the road, or prepare again some good excuses if it is going to be another month later

Old 09-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,359 Likes on 1,069 Posts

@ TC

So we can rule out loony juice....that leaves a multi thousand dollar engine rebuild.

How much is this project costing? So far, and when finished? How about itemizing prices of each item mentioned in the laundry list above, we'd be really talking, not chatting well rotted bullock manure.

We all love a p*ssing contest, but this has got boring. Sounds like your car has been pushed to the back of the shop and forgotten about, until the rent comes round.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by avos
@Adam699
The kit is not the limiting factor for power enhancements and already propels you into 5.0 SC power levels, without the need of cheats mentioned, or eardrums that some may need . I have done some small extra mods that will help to push it further again, not sure where I am at for the moment, will do some dyno runs when I have the time. Will pm you.

@Thunderkitten,
Ok so you are going to cheat then with Water/Meth and Racefuel then, well that’s your choice.

You have lost the game already long ago when you went way into the 5 figure $ range and it baffles me that you didn’t go for an engine enlargement once you went into this price range, that would have given you the chance for some serious power, without the need for cheats/tricks.

I have written about my kit, about my setup, and you have even asked me questions about my kit and how that would compare to another kit while your car was already with bip and you where committed with them, and you still don’t know what I have? Oh boy

I hope you get your target with what you are spending, but I guess you get some discount at least for the advertising right? Now get that show on the road, or prepare again some good excuses if it is going to be another month later

I lose nothing Avis. It isn't costing anywhere close to your figures. It's now about how much hp per liter we can get. Do your thing man and don't worry about me. When the car is done this thread will be the first to know. Oh yeah, Was your twinscrew kit done in 3 months? no. Relax big guy just be patient because at this point i really don't care about competing with you in the twin screw pissing contest. This car is for me and nobody else, but i think we can all be proud when we see a 2003 xjr run 10's in the quarter Mile. Godspeed Avis. And btw yes I am using meth and that is hardly cheating. This is not apples to apples anymore so we might as well drop it.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Sean B
@ TC

So we can rule out loony juice....that leaves a multi thousand dollar engine rebuild.

How much is this project costing? So far, and when finished? How about itemizing prices of each item mentioned in the laundry list above, we'd be really talking, not chatting well rotted bullock manure.

We all love a p*ssing contest, but this has got boring. Sounds like your car has been pushed to the back of the shop and forgotten about, until the rent comes round.
now thats just ignorant Sean. I told you we are waiting on CUSTOM PARTS. My biggest mistake was to say anything about this before it was done. As I said it's not apples to apples anymore. Just sit tight and you will see all when the time comes.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Veteran Member

Wow, I never challenged you remember, and am in no race/game whatsoever to beat someone, but play the game if you want to challenge me.

You need to get the facts straight please (this is not the first time), and just so you know, I recently installed a kit in 2 days (ok I could be quick as I have done it before), your car is of the street for almost 180 days, need to rent a car

The world is not against you kitten, you need to learn to listen.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:53 PM

Thank you Yoda. Need to learn I do.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,064 Likes on 867 Posts

Originally Posted by Thundercat
Thank you Yoda. Need to learn I do.
Thundercat-
I hope you are serious, but somehow I doubt it!

Old 09-09-2011, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by sparkenzap
Thundercat-
I hope you are serious, but somehow I doubt it!

i'm not serious. Anybody want to talk about performance again? This thread has gone waay off track...

Old 09-10-2011, 02:00 AM
Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

how do you guys feel about swapping out the transmission solenoids to ones that shift tighter?

Old 09-10-2011, 03:31 AM
Veteran Member

In this thread you will find some updates from me:
XJR Transmission fluid - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Old 09-10-2011, 08:55 AM

I installed the solenoids a week ago. I recomend this mod to anyone with the Mercedes transmission even if your car is stock. The shifts are just so crisp now no lag.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jaxkr
I installed the solenoids a week ago. I recomend this mod to anyone with the Mercedes transmission even if your car is stock. The shifts are just so crisp now no lag.
No problems with the swapped diff? why do you say "if your car is stock" just curious.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

I think he was saying even if your car is stock the solenoids are a good upgrade

Old 09-10-2011, 01:23 PM

That is correct, the solenoids would be a great upgrade to any car even a completally stock car.

Quick Reply: XJR vs 2003-2004 Mustang Cobra power gains