XJ40 ( XJ81 ) 1986 - 1994

Carpets!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carpets!

Do you guys know anywhere to score a new carpet set to fit an 88 XJ40? Ive been hunting around online a little bit, and most of what I find is for the series III over in EU. thanks!

Old 09-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Veteran member
Received 329 Likes on 258 Posts

I would look for a good used set either on ebay or at a scrapyard. You might want to also try one of the parts suppliers, as many of them have vehicles for parts from which they harvest.
Scott

Old 09-19-2012, 02:58 PM

thats what I was afraid of... the chances of finding good used carpets is probably slim to none, so it looks like a custom set must be made

Old 09-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Veteran member
Received 329 Likes on 258 Posts

You know, the thing is, I think it might not be as hard to find what you are looking for as you might think. I would do some serious digging and calling around - even across the country - before I purchased something new or custom. You could potentially save hundreds; and since these cars aren't exactly getting newer, more and more of them are eventually going to be hitting the back forty for parts...

Just my thoughts!
Scott

Old 09-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Received 249 Likes on 171 Posts
Default Carpets

Hi,

Glad you found part of your problem with the soft brakes on your other post. In regard to carpets, go to this site (no affiliation) and check it out. For me, I don't think the prices are that bad considering they are new and complete carpet kits:

World Upholstery & Trim: Jaguar XJ Series [1968 - 2010]

Good luck
Rob Evenson

Originally Posted by Fixer88
thats what I was afraid of... the chances of finding good used carpets is probably slim to none, so it looks like a custom set must be made

Old 09-20-2012, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rob Evenson
Hi,

Glad you found part of your problem with the soft brakes on your other post. In regard to carpets, go to this site (no affiliation) and check it out. For me, I don't think the prices are that bad considering they are new and complete carpet kits:

World Upholstery & Trim: Jaguar XJ Series [1968 - 2010]

Good luck
Rob Evenson

Ill check the site! the suspension still is an issue, but I believe Ill be installing a new non SLS suspension package in the next week or two. once thats done, ill be moving ti the climate control, which is a strange problem. the blowers work for the heater, which is quite warm but.... when I hit the AC, it wont blow out of the vents (although I can hear the blower motor working.) I figure it must have something to do with the vent actuators, but one thing at a time with this project! thanks for the reference to carpets, I find it very difficult to see finding Like new carpets in a used 25 y.o. vehicle, but who knows

Old 09-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Received 249 Likes on 171 Posts
Default carpets

Hi,

Go ahead a start your post for the AC/blower issue. It could be one of several things causing your problem. Do all of the settings (low, med and high) produce air flow? The climate control unit may be the issue.

Rob Evenson

Originally Posted by Fixer88
Ill check the site! the suspension still is an issue, but I believe Ill be installing a new non SLS suspension package in the next week or two. once thats done, ill be moving ti the climate control, which is a strange problem. the blowers work for the heater, which is quite warm but.... when I hit the AC, it wont blow out of the vents (although I can hear the blower motor working.) I figure it must have something to do with the vent actuators, but one thing at a time with this project! thanks for the reference to carpets, I find it very difficult to see finding Like new carpets in a used 25 y.o. vehicle, but who knows