XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992

1994_XJ6 Parking/Running Light Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994_XJ6 Parking/Running Light Problem

malibudav need you assistance

Problem White Fog Lights and Yellow Parking/Running Lights do not come on.

Troubleshooting: Replaced both Fog Lamp Bulbs.
Troubleshoot: Checked all fuses.

Problem: Driver side Fuses #10 and #14 no continuity.

Replaced: Both 10amp fuses. Retested. No continuity

Troubleshoot: Fuses independently. continuity passed.

What I have done: is Check all fuses. Continuity is good except for Driver side Fuse Panel, fuses I am using a tester with a light. I have tested them with the ignition on and with the car running and with the ignition switch off. Some fuses only work with the ignition switch on.

I replaced both white fog lamp bulbs, thinking the bulbs were bad, and couldn't really tell.

When I turn the ignition switch on, and the light switch on the panel light with the double lamps light. Off to switch position 1. When I switch to second position, no light on the panel switch. There are two press button switched behind the steering wheel. The first button when pressed down. has a lamp picture on it with the light direction downward, does not light on the panel light. It does not light with the left switch light is in the off position.

The front or side yellow running light do not come on. However, front signal and side signal lights do work. Side yellow parking light does not come on. I have not be able to figure out how to remove the bulb lamps to the front signal lights without removing the front bumper. Are there release clips. The back of the front signal housing are enclosed on the backside of the bumper by an aluminum housing. the Fog Lamps below the yellow lamps at least had clips to press in and the fog lamps pushed out the front.
I was unable to locate similar clips and on the backside of the yellow running lights was a aluminum housing that blocked the back side of the yellow running light housing.

Headlights come on, all signals work, side signals work. Break lights come on correctly.

I have checked all of the bulbs in the rear and they all are working. Except for the running lamps.

My last 6 of my vin is: 721940

I have photos of interior kick plates removed. No relays were in this area. all relays appear one each in each fuse panel front left under the front bonnet (hood). Multiple two other fuse panels and relays are located under each left and right backseat. fuse panel in trunk next to battery.

I appreciate if you are able to provide any advice.

Cptbuck