XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992

F.I.R.E.D!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 01:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,214 Likes on 5,389 Posts

Mine is not to reason why, I wouldn't get an understandable answer anyway.

I agree some of this stuff is absolutely Stupid! No matter the emission readings, the engine Must be stock as the day it left the factory floor in any car 1976 and later. No matter how comparably dirty by current standards.

I may have mentioned previously, but if Nix's build date was only FOUR months earlier, NONE of this would matter!
(';')

Old 08-16-2015, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member
Thumbs up Success!!

This morning I fired her up and let her run until the temp was well up. Hitting on all 8 this time, a Very Sweet Sound!

After the previous oil had burned off the manifolds there wasn't even a whiff of smoke from the engine! I think that leak is plugged!

Only a few little things remain before putting the hood back and calling the front half of this car well and truly Finished!

Thank you all for your comments, encouragement and support.
(';')

Old 08-16-2015, 12:50 PM
Received 6,308 Likes on 5,496 Posts

Good news!

The following users liked this post:
LnrB (08-16-2015)
Old 08-17-2015, 09:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,399 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Slick:

A hood/bonnet technique learned elsewhere. Remove the grill before hanging the bonnet. Put in the hinge bolts to snug only. Adjust the hood/bonnet, left right, fore and aft. Now reach through the grill opening and tighten the hinge bolts. Replace the grill.

last option. Connect the monkey motion limit link. or just take it u and enjoy more room underneath.

Residents of other states enjoy Other states enjoy a "rolling 25". Not us, ours want us out of petrol cars altogether and are trying everything to do it. One past gal assembly person wanted to SMOG inspect every year. Termed out, whew!

YUK, I gotta take the Jaguar in a month or so. l'll procrastinate on general principles.

Whew, we just got a shake about 15 minutes ago!

Son came over yesterday with a pro style straight shaft whacker. Got it all. mebbe a little touch up here and there. I made him stop. Temps rising!!!
A bunch of slash to shred or pack in the green can.

Jaguar is fine. I am doing cabinetry. Almost done. Diversity!!!

Carl

Carl

Old 08-17-2015, 09:41 AM
Veteran Member

Thank you, Carl,
We must have read the same post somewhere, because I just recently also saw that trick of positioning the hood. It will certainly make things simpler, unlike the Last the hood was put on, and Many Large chips in the fender paint resulted! I do NOT want that to happen again!

I have a curve shaft weed-eater as it stores in my truck whereas the straight shaft doesn't.
I'm off to make a dollar.....
(';')