Well, yeah, BLACK goes without saying!
(';')

The following users liked this post:
Daf11e (01-07-2018)
Old 01-07-2018, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,133 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by Jako
I think I want to keep it as close as possible to the original. I’m going to try get the stereos and tv working (along with the antenna). Also get the leather repaired and wood re-lacquered. I’ll post some pictures of the updates!
Most definitely the way to go. If somebody wants to customize and lump an XJ6, there's no shortage of ordinary, mass market candidates to start from, probably a lot cheaper than you already paid. I might could understand updating the electronics if you could do it without modifying the controls, just so it would work in today's world. After all, even if the TV worked, I don't know about your country but we don't get analog broadcasts anymore. But I think it needs to remain true to the way it was meant to be enjoyed in 1986.

I guess the Saudi princess must've have better taste and ordered it without the gold trim?

Old 03-24-2018, 12:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 266 Likes on 210 Posts
Old 03-24-2018, 03:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Woow

Yikes. I really want to tint the chrome on my xj6, and this just talked me out of any gold chrome thoughts I had.

Old 03-02-2019, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harrod’s Jaguar

I own the second car; I’d like to compare notes?
Ian
ims@telus.net

I am the owner of the only sold Panther XJ6. It was purchased by one of the princesses of Saudi Arabia, then bought by 3 swedish guys, one which brought the car back to sweden. He used it up until 2008 and its was stood in a garage ever since. I bought this summer and got her running again. I’m still not sure what do to with the interior as its pretty rundown. All the wood and leather is cracking. The stereos and tv doesnt work either. However everything is original![/left][/left][/QUOTE]
[/left]

Old 08-22-2019, 03:35 PM
MkX

Recently advertised for sale;
Panther / Harrods XJ6

Old 08-22-2019, 04:45 PM
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

Hi all,
Very interesting,
I wish the vendor well.
The interior seems a to me to be a triumph of specification over taste and function. I'm cramped enough in the rear of a XJ without the cocktail cabinets etc.
As for having a car painted in the same colour of a commercial retailer, however 'high end' smacks of free advertising.
Any comment I may make regarding the profiling of intended customers of the car when new would find me guilty of some degree of racial and cultural preconception and as such has no place on this forum.
It seems to me, much as like Jaguars that as a car 'fit for purpose' a RR might be better suited or to move from the sublime to the ridiculous, a stretch limo Cadi
The mention of the boomerang antenna makes me think of Crocodile Dundee snapping one off the rear of an appalling limousine and hurling it at a baddy in downtown Manhattan in the movie of that name. Kind of hard to take cars so equipped seriously after that.
For that matter, the only thing worse than a car with a television in it is a Jaguar car with a television in it.
regards in humour
Al

Old 08-22-2019, 05:26 PM
MkX

Originally Posted by Alan E L
Hi all,
Very interesting,
I wish the vendor well.
The interior seems a to me to be a triumph of specification over taste and function. I'm cramped enough in the rear of a XJ without the cocktail cabinets etc.
As for having a car painted in the same colour of a commercial retailer, however 'high end' smacks of free advertising.
Any comment I may make regarding the profiling of intended customers of the car when new would find me guilty of some degree of racial and cultural preconception and as such has no place on this forum.
It seems to me, much as like Jaguars that as a car 'fit for purpose' a RR might be better suited or to move from the sublime to the ridiculous, a stretch limo Cadi
The mention of the boomerang antenna makes me think of Crocodile Dundee snapping one off the rear of an appalling limousine and hurling it at a baddy in downtown Manhattan in the movie of that name. Kind of hard to take cars so equipped seriously after that.
For that matter, the only thing worse than a car with a television in it is a Jaguar car with a television in it.
regards in humour
Al
Yep, Liberace would have loved it! If only they'd thrown in a couple of candlesticks either side of that carriage clock.

Seriously, there's no accounting for taste, it deserves to be saved because of rarity and I'm sure having that many coats of paint and living in a desert climate for so long won't have done any harm.

As far as TV's not belonging in a Jag ... long before I owned a Mk X, I was a kid of ?10? when I encountered a Mk X limousine at a car show, a glimpse through the window at the TV, cocktail cabinet & usual appointments convinced me that was a car I needed to own, (I didn't ever own a limo, I don't know if any survived? I had to make do with a Tory MP's Mk X saloon).