XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fixing all those little things..

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 10:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 342 Likes on 268 Posts
Default Fixing all those little things..

Before doing the actual fuel injection conversion and tearing it all apart for a bare metal re-painting... I am fixing all those little things on the To Do List.

Yesterday I rebuilt the LH air vent on the side panel.. one of the plastic holders for the flapper was broken and the valve did not open and close properly... made a new seal for the flapper and re-installed.

At the same time I replaced the gas pedal that no longer had the retaining spring that attaches to the rod... a load of fun dealing with the two small screws on the spring bracket in in that horrible position under the dash area!

Today a rubbing noise when driving - sounds like one of the axle covers hitting something? Plus, the RH tailpipe is hitting the new rear valance cover... maybe (4) four things off the To Do List in two days!

Happy New Year!!

Old 12-26-2015, 01:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,443 Likes on 1,838 Posts

repairing, detailing, and improving these cars is therapy for me. I have owned the XJ for so many years and never get tired of it.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,203 Likes on 5,384 Posts

Yes, fixing all those little annoyances is time consuming, but SO satisfying when they're Just Right!

I have a long list of little things I want to do before I go on the road in the Spring, not the least of which is make my windows work again. I'd get at them quicker if the garage wasn't so cold and if I didn't have so much outside stuff to do.
(';')