XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992

Garage Find 1976 XJ12C says Ping!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 08:06 PM
Received 145 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by bishopthirteen
Round Door Roller

https://youtu.be/LBmzlgqNx5k

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LBmzlgqNx5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Holy Geez! So, I want to know where the rough one in the avatar is! Is this it?

Old 03-17-2017, 12:39 AM
Received 107 Likes on 81 Posts

Don't know if that Roller is still there or not. It's been a couple years since I was there and it was in the non-on-display stash in the basement at the time. The whole building has been completely redone since then. I saw very recently, however, that McQueen's XK-SS is still there.

Edit to add that I watched the video and see that I remembered wrong; the doors do swivel but near the back, not in the center.

That said, Ron, we should stop highjacking this thread!

Last edited by 150FHC; 03-17-2017 at 12:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
slofut (03-17-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 11:49 AM
Received 145 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by 150FHC
Don't know if that Roller is still there or not. It's been a couple years since I was there and it was in the non-on-display stash in the basement at the time. The whole building has been completely redone since then. I saw very recently, however, that McQueen's XK-SS is still there.

Edit to add that I watched the video and see that I remembered wrong; the doors do swivel but near the back, not in the center.

That said, Ron, we should stop highjacking this thread!

Yea, sorry about the hijack, but that RR is breath taking!
Tell you what though, the xjc's are one of those cars that naturally looks so good that you can hardly paint it a bad color. Some of those BL solid and pastel colors just wouldn't have made it on most other cars, mine was pale yellow (forget the proper name) and sometimes I wish it still was. Both these brown cars are absolutely gorgeous, I saw a white one at Road Atlanta last year that was truly eye popping! I had to double back trying to chase it down but ended up I couldn't find it.