XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do i get more front negative camber

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 06:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,236 Likes on 943 Posts

also more than likely, the OP will never get the car finished anyway!

it is gonna take lots and lots more modifing to make an XJ competitive in most Drift classes!

like the one that was on site couple yrs back, never seen again!

Old 04-02-2022, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by ronbros

someplace on THIS forum, there is a guy building an XJ Jaguar for drifting, he is also doing the 6 cylinder turbocharged!

he is up around Seattle NW area, he has a lot of good ideas for XJs.

in fact if the XJ engine dont make it he was going to use a Toyota 2JZ engine.
the American version of the 2JZ is the Chevy Trailblazer or GMC Envoy engine . It can make 824 horsepower at the wheels. Totally stock, in fact the one he used had 175,000 miles on it and he never opened it up. It’s a version of the Jaguar 4.00 liter, all aluminum, 4 valve per cylinder. the only change was regrinding the camshafts and replacing the valve springs. ( nope head never came off.) He buys them from junkyards for between $175-200
30 pounds of boost, and Schneider reground cams and springs

Old 04-02-2022, 08:22 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by sunchip
Exactly what the title states how do i get more negative front camber? Im also playing with the idea of making some tubular lower control arms to poke the front wheels out more and get more steering angle.

(bonus points to any one that knows why i want more angle in the front )
If you want to do Smokey burn outs the 4.0 ( 4 cam 4 valve all aluminum ) Jaguar can easily be modified to make north of 800 horsepower. It will also be capable of 9 second quarter mile times.
You don’t even have to open it up (assuming it’s OK ) Just put a decent sized turbo on it ( T6 or bigger) use E85 in the US or pure alcohol in England. And a pair of reground camshafts
Turbo’s are surprisingly cheap. E bay or Amazon frequently have them for a few hundred dollars. Plenty of how too’s on U tube.
Typically they show the Chevy/GMC trailblazer or Envoy engine. Which requires more work and aren’t as well built.
Yes you will need aftermarket ECM like Megasquirt and a lap top computer to tune it ( old one is fine).
Let me dispel a few myths. Used high mileage engines will wear the rings to the needed .020 end gap size required. Stock Cast pistons are OK. it’s too tight end gaps that cause piston failure and with alcohol .020 is enough. Alcohol burns cooler than gasoline. Stock gaskets are good up to at least 30 psi. If alcohol is burned.
You will need bigger injectors you can spend big money for aftermarket ones or adapt others.

The following users liked this post:
ronbros (04-03-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 08:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,236 Likes on 943 Posts

some place in my pix. i have a pic of a early FORD pickup with the GM engine with 6 speed auto, owner said it goes very quick!
if i find it i'll post it!

Old 04-04-2022, 12:47 AM
Veteran Member

I owned one of those. Very powerful stock. 290 hp 300 ft pds torque.
Darn near bullet proof.