XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992

Installing a aj16 into XJ6 coupe help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2020 | 10:56 PM
Former Sponsor
Default It's not really negotiable.....

Yeah, I would be interested to here the results of that conversation. The air intake thing is pretty firm- it's either the factory air box or something aftermarket that's California approved (has a special EO- executive order- number from the state) for the donor car (there isn't anything). Any other aftermarket parts- not allowable- fail

Oh well....

Andrew
Jaguar Specialties

Originally Posted by Larry Louton
I don't have those restraints' here in Florida but my install used a intact catalytic converter and the complete intake manifold but I ran into size restraints with the factory air cleaner? It would be up to Mr. Simon to take this matter up with California Smog board. The air cleaner was not a impossible problem to overcome, Just easier to overcome with a aftermarket unit.

Larry Louton

Old 07-19-2020 | 09:17 AM
Default AJ16 into XJ6

The wire clip end is the Mass air flow meter end. Snorkel end would have to go into inner fender.
I all ways thought if the Mass air flow end was cut out and moved to the other end of the underside of the box, It would have fit. All the rework would have to be done on the underside of the box, leaving the top of the box untouched. I don't know if the California Smog board has ever seen this air filter arrangement before, Hence knowing if had been modified.

Old 07-20-2020 | 10:05 AM
Former Sponsor
Default Hard to tell.......

Not sure on that. You're right- they've probably never seen one before. Could fly right through- or maybe not.....

Andrew
Jaguar Specialties

Originally Posted by Larry Louton
The wire clip end is the Mass air flow meter end. Snorkel end would have to go into inner fender.
I all ways thought if the Mass air flow end was cut out and moved to the other end of the underside of the box, It would have fit. All the rework would have to be done on the underside of the box, leaving the top of the box untouched. I don't know if the California Smog board has ever seen this air filter arrangement before, Hence knowing if had been modified.