XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting Series 3

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 07:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,443 Likes on 1,838 Posts

Primaz, this is the exclusive mod your car needs. Only two S types have it: David Reilly's and mine.

Attached Thumbnails Interesting Series 3-s-type-rear-amber-lenses.jpg  
Old 03-11-2018, 07:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,208 Likes on 5,386 Posts

Originally Posted by primaz
Here are few pics of my 3.8s which has a GM V8 aluminum block that is incredibly quiet, smooth, reliable, good mileage, over 400 HP, and lighter than the stock Jag 6. It will do 0 to 60 between 3.9 to 4.05 seconds, the ride is very smooth not harsh at all, and incredibly reliable. I have put over 60,000 miles in the first two years after the build. It has all of the modern tech such as: computer controlled V8 so you just turn the key and never worry about a choke, four wheel disc brakes with Wilwood brakes in front and larger E-type discs in the rear, coil overs front and back with custom front A-arms, power steering, the car keeps stock shifter, LED lighting, Jaguar Vaden Plas electric seats front/rear, modern fuse box, custom stereo with JL Audio subs hidden with Focal separates front/rear also hidden, back up camera, blue tooth/wifi, Air conditioning, 3000 watt pure sine wave inverter going to two AGM golf cart batteries in addition to a separate starting battery, the inverter powers a refrigerator-full network color lazar jet, wifi, there is a removable mast RAM mount for my laptop, with AC outlets, 4 USB chargers, binding machine in the trunk for work, and the rear trunk floor is on ball bearing rollers so you do not need to bend over to get a cold drink from the refrigerator. Those are some of the main features as it is hard to remember everything.

The cool thing is this restomod like Doug's MKII in the classic sedan forum, is that the car looks pretty stock from appearance. Yes my car has custom three piece billet wheels with 245 wide 17" rims on all four corners with no flares, but aside from that it looks like it could have came that way from Jaguar and it keeps the luxury ride and feel yet is so much fun to drive daily for work.
I *Like* your car!! I'd Drive that, Proudly!
Also, the trunk/boot was intended to actually Hold stuff! Astonishing!

Beautiful example of a *Tasteful* restomod! Everything looks like it came that way from factory.

Well Done!
(';')

Old 03-11-2018, 11:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 311 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by alynmurray
Not a series 3... but a great resto mod ..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...an-Callum.html
Yes but the cost of that car is 350,000 to 375,000 British Pounds! That is $485-$519K in USD.
'Limited run' of Ian Callum's Jaguar Mark 2 will be built | Auto Express

Old 03-12-2018, 12:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 311 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Jose
Primaz, this is the exclusive mod your car needs. Only two S types have it: David Reilly's and mine.
You need to post pictures of those tail lights at night with and without the brake pedal pressed down. How many did you make? I'd love to see how they look at night, and how much will you sell them for?

The following users liked this post:
Jose (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 07:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,443 Likes on 1,838 Posts

as you know, the bulb sockets are removable from behind so you can invert them up or down, in other words, the STOP and DRIVING lightbulbs can be placed at the TOP, they are normally at the bottom, and the TURN SIGNAL bulbs can be placed at the BOTTOM, they are normally at the top.

the result is more visibility for the STOP and DRIVING lights at night. THis came about because I was driving one day and the fellow driving behind me stopped when I stopped curious about the S type and inmediately told me that he could hardly see the STOP lights because they were so low, it was daytime.

So I had the bottom Lens reproduced in amber and moved the TURN SIGNAL bulb socket to the bottom position, and the STOP/DRIVING bulb socket to the TOP position which allows for more visibility. Very effective, you can't miss the STOP lights now.

And it looks a lot more elegant and "Bentleyish" with the Amber lens at the bottom, just like Jaguar did with the Series 3 XJ-6, (they lowered the Turn signals and RAISED the Stop lights for more visibility, so in effect, a Safety improvement).

I made 4 pairs only, the cost was enormous because a mold had to be fabricated, then 3 color-testings followed that. I have two more pair. I will send you a pm about price.

As to night pictures, I have tried already, I can't get the night effect either in photos or video. But the pointed UPPER RED LENS looks wonderful when you step on the brakes!

The following 2 users liked this post by Jose:
Doug (03-12-2018), littlelic69 (03-12-2018)