Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long and Narrow

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 06:20 AM
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Long and Narrow

Hi all,

I just want to take a moment to marvel at the pure ease and functionality of my Series 3 XJ6. My wife, 2 1/2 yo son and I took Jank the Jankitty Haguar down to the beautiful city of New York on Saturday for a hair salon appointment in Chelsea. Travelling down was a breeze, cruising along the Henry Hudson Pkwy. It was an unseasonably warm day and I even managed to elicit complaints about the heat being to hot in the car. Score one for getting the heat working so well. We looked for a spot on the street, but parking a classic Jag might as well have been like trying to find a spot for a delivery truck. So a parking garage it was. We got the car out of the garage mid day and headed up to the theater district. And, yes, another parking garage was the only place to be had.

What I would like to marvel at was the ease of driving the car in city traffic. When traffic snarled the Haguar just snarled back and litterally squeezed through gaps in the traffic that only a moded would fit through. As long as the mirrors were clear everything else was clear. Power off the line was superb, the dual coil overs absorbed the "road holes". The signal stalks at my finger tips proved very handy in indicating the Jags intentions. I am very pleased with the adventure.

Have a good day.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,363 Likes on 793 Posts

Nice story Tom. As a fellow NY'er I do get enthralled with the city now and again. And the trips on those Scenic and twisty Hudson Valley road is kinda nice too. As for the city...it's a marvel... but not so much on days I have to work there and sit in traffic and have the pleasure of paying 30$ to 60$ to park my work vehicle though. I'm old enough to remember the early 80's when Jaguar was one of the cars to have in NY... Doctors & Lawyers had a Jaguar or a Mercedes. Then in the mid 80's BMW took most of Jaguar's market share, reliability and shifting demographics to younger and more sport minded buyers were key factors for the brand. So now Jaguar is trying to wrestle back some market share from BMW with Just a handful of models while BMW has a range that has something for everyone. Those commercials with the fake british access aren't helping much either...I've seen more compelling commercial at 3am for the clapper. So doesn't seem like much will change for the brand but we get to enjoy our relics and the tension of old, smooth and slow vs new, edgy and hurried. Enjoy and make sure you've got your AAA membership upgraded to premium.

Last edited by icsamerica; 12-14-2015 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,205 Likes on 5,386 Posts

Doncha just Love it when you have a day like that where Everything goes Just Fine!

And the best part, the Very best part, is that you get to drive one of the Most Beautiful cars ever made, and everyone knows it no matter what they drive!

I can't wait for a clear day to do the same.
(';')

Old 12-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,399 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Elinor:

Today looks pretty good!!!

Unfortunately, I'm behind on my chores!! laundry, dishes,
carpet, other floors, dust, etc....

And, battery warranty trip to AutoZone Risky in Jaguar,
safe in Jeep. Or as safe as it gets....

Little, actually not so little, dog, Coco snuggled at my feet
as I type.