XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992

low-beam headlights won't work and would like seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low-beam headlights won't work and would like seat covers

I have a 1988 XJ6 Jaguar. I'm having a problem with my low-beam headlights...they went out and won't come on. I changed both low-beam bulbs but the headlights still won't work. However, the high-beams work on all four lights. Has anyone had this problem or have any suggestions on how to get my headlights to work? Also, does anyone have seat covers? if so, where did you get them?

Old 01-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,367 Likes on 796 Posts
Default more info

What color seats covers do you need? For the head light you may want to check in on the XJ40 board.
Originally Posted by Mrspretty
I have a 1988 XJ6 Jaguar. I'm having a problem with my low-beam headlights...they went out and won't come on. I changed both low-beam bulbs but the headlights still won't work. However, the high-beams work on all four lights. Has anyone had this problem or have any suggestions on how to get my headlights to work? Also, does anyone have seat covers? if so, where did you get them?

Old 01-03-2013, 10:28 PM

Well I'm thinking about getting the h.i.d lights for my 2003 xtype jaguar. U should probably invest in those kinda if lights.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:03 PM

I'm looking for black or brown seat covers. Or some OEM seat covers with both black and brown on them.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,399 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Well, my car, an 83 XJ wuzza six is a bit different. It has had simila symptons on and off since i got it. the first tie, I did what I've done for decades on domestic critters. change the bulb!!! Nope, not here, still dark. I cleande the fuse box receptacles top and bottom and removed and cleaned the black ground wires near the bulbs. Eureka,
there was light. The new beam is a bit brighter, so I left it in place. The old one is a spare now.

And, it has reoccured on occasion. I developed the finger roll technique. Just roll the fuses in their receptacles, and the lights came on again as ordered, not in haphazard way of old!!

I've dubbed this and other similar stuff on my car, "electrickery".

Carl

Old 01-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,458 Likes on 1,848 Posts

Originally Posted by JagCad
Well, my car, an 83 XJ wuzza six is a bit different. It has had simila symptons on and off since i got it. the first tie, I did what I've done for decades on domestic critters. change the bulb!!! Nope, not here, still dark. I cleande the fuse box receptacles top and bottom and removed and cleaned the black ground wires near the bulbs. Eureka,
there was light. The new beam is a bit brighter, so I left it in place. The old one is a spare now. And, it has reoccured on occasion. I developed the finger roll technique. Just roll the fuses in their receptacles, and the lights came on again as ordered, not in haphazard way of old!! I've dubbed this and other similar stuff on my car, "electrickery". Carl
her car is a 1988, must be a XJ-40. For generic seat covers try J C Whitney, or the Jaguar dealer itself.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,399 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Jose:

I noted that. However, some stuff carries forward. It has a fuse arrangement of sonme type and it relies on good ground/earth connections. Kind of generic.

Since the window switch on the driver door for the front passenger door is on hiatus, I'll try this principle to it, when it stops raining. Fortunately, the windpow is up!!!

Old 02-12-2013, 07:35 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JagCad
there was light. The new beam is a bit brighter, so I left it in place. The old one is a spare now.

And, it has reoccured on occasion. I developed the finger roll technique. Just roll the fuses in their receptacles, and the lights came on again as ordered, not in haphazard way of old!!

I've dubbed this and other similar stuff on my car, "electrickery".

Carl

Same thing happen to me, low beam wouldn't work, traced all the wires measuring the resistance, finally got back to the fuse box and the low beam fuses were corroded. So I cleaned the holders, wire connections and bought new fuses and the work great, and now I have 7 inch lights as well!

Old 02-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

If it is the XJ4O model it may be a faulty front lamp module which sits directly behind each head light.There should be 2 multie plugs; one black and one yellow try disconecting these and clean they some times get water in them .There will also be one single black earth wire' make sure this has good grounding.If you have to replace a module the part number will be on front of module starts with the letters DBC with 4 numbers after it.You will need the same as ther are up to 30 different modules for the XJ40. Good luck