XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992

New

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 06:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 342 Likes on 268 Posts

Baudrate

I reviewed the Kriss Motors AC installation again. Did you make a plate for the center grill covering like they did? I will have to make one that bolts in place or get a mobile welder to come to my garage.

Have all the needed part numbers now..thanks for your help. Will contact VA to get one of plastic evaporator replicas for fitting purpose...then the fun begins .for the last time

Old 08-26-2018, 09:19 PM
Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts

I haven't done anything with that exterior vent yet. I like the fact that I can reach down inside to the back of the ac unit, so I want to leave it accessible. My plan is to make a small box that slides into the hole from the outside, and the grill will sit on top of it. This will be water/air tight, yet removable.

The following users liked this post:
Roger Mabry (08-27-2018)
Old 11-12-2021, 02:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, Baudrate

Im about to undertake the same project in my first ever Jaguar. 73 series 1 with 350 conversion.

I have a couple of questions.

Im having trouble with sourcing the controls as individual items? did you get them as single items or did you strip them out of full controls?

I am thinking of running the centre hose to the rear outlet? how do you think cooling will go with just outer vents in the front?

Im sure I will have more over the install

Cheers

Darren