XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992

some xj6 questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default some xj6 questions

i have a series 2 xj6l these are my questions if anyone could help
I'm looking at buying a whole parts car so i can figure out whats what but not sure if series 3 parts will fit etc can't find any cheap series 2.

do series 1 and series 3 parts bolt up to series 2? like diff, rear brakes, interior seats, doors/door cards, window washer bottle, bonnet?

How do i know the ratio of my diff?

Do xj6 series 2 jaguars come out with a sunroof. . . . mine has one and no idea if its been put in or factory.

My wiring is a hell mess like seriously they never de-loomed it when putting in engine etc . . . .

How do i get to the window wiper motor/wiring and also how do i get to the squirters to hook up new washer lines, window wipers were working but now stopped gota see why and hasnt got a washer bottle or squirting lines.

Windows sort of worked untill i took the center console out to put in a new shifter . . . does anyone have a wiring diagram for the window controls its like a hell mess with a billion wires not sure if i hooked the switches up the right way sorta got confused with like 8 wires per switch lol

the fan doesnt so where abouts is the wiring and fan located so i can sort out why its not going

Will post up more things that i need to sort out when i think of any.

BIG THANKS TO ALL HELP

also was thinking about painting it like this when it finally gets road legal, what do you think?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Attached Thumbnails some xj6 questions-jaguarxj6.jpg   some xj6 questions-xj6ljaguarfront.jpg  
Old 12-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Received 2,643 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Perhaps you could begin by letting the forum know the year, number of kilometres and any modifications done to the vehicle by the PO. From the looks of the photos, the car appears to be 'lumped'.

You may also want to invest in the Jaguar Workshop Manual applicable to the year of your XJ6.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Suede green could look good!

Doors from series 3 won't fit, rear doors from series 1 may not as many were short wheel base (very uncommon on series 2)

Suspension is similar between all 3, upgrades were made but I imagine they are interchangeable?

Windows,you probably bumped the wires on the back of the switch when putting the console back in.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:21 AM

the engine is a ford 460 i have a manual handbook for the car but most my problems i can't find in there.

I checked the wires and there all plugged on so im assuming iv put some on the wrong way but no idea the drivers window works but none of the other switches do anything. . .

I need rear brake calipers and i can only find series 3 jaguars for parts so thats the main thing i need to find out if they will bolt on, otherwise i was just thinking front and back seats because mine are rather old and tatty and wanted some nicer interior

Old 12-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow this thing could have got a gig in the new Mad Max movie. Shame the've already wrapped up filming. Good luck with the build man. I'll watch with interest.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:44 PM

Thanks, yeah its a beast just isnt the same without the bugcatcher though but the guy that sold it to me stole it the day i went to pickup and said it got stolen over night, what a scum guy he was but oh well

Old 12-11-2012, 06:50 PM

also where abouts is the chassis number? do these cars have a number stamped into the chassis or body somewhere?

Old 12-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Something just doesn't seem right - is that a photoshop job?

Old 12-11-2012, 08:53 PM

the paint is yes, just done that because wanted to see how it would look for when it comes time for its paint, its currently matt black you can see it in my intro thread and it running here