XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do I start? Parting her out..

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do I start? Parting with her..

I have my mothers 1982 XJ6 Vanden Plas with about 100k on the odo, almost all acquired in the 80's and early 90's. I acquired her in 2002. She was in great running condition, and there were multiple $2000 fixes along the way- yikes. It was in ok driving condition up until a few years ago, at which time succumbed to a fuel system issue that I never pursued. And so there she sits in the barn...
At one time I was going to refurb and rebuild Mom's old car, but financial reality is that I just need to part with it. The reason is (loong story) I have the car but the title is in the ex-GF( with whom there is zero communication) name, so title is not transferable. Again, long story.

But there is an assembled pile of vintage original parts that may have some value to those who are able to, and possibly in need of OEM parts- short of registrable chassis.
I live in central Florida far from the coast. It's been under roof most of the years I've had her, but she ain't the beauty she once was. Dad had a minor wreck in the mid 80's which resulted in needing a new hood and left quarter panel, and subsequent non-lacquer paint job on those panels, which is apparent as they still look good LOL

Anyways, this is a rabbit hole of details that are irrelevant and I'll spare you of. Absolute paper trail of repairs, and all the way back to original window sticker.

So, what would the forum members here suggest might be my best course of action to benefit XJ6 enthusiasts, and myself? This, short of just sending her to scrap yard based on weight..
I do not want to part it out in my barn, but instead prefer to sell it whole and as is. So it'll have to be a buyer brings the trailer type deal.
Thanks for your time and consideration.

Last edited by Noclutch; Yesterday at 07:30 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM
Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Is this car a manual transmission car? (your user name Noclutch)